(March 25 / 2021)
OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICES ARE PERMITTED UNDER CONDITIONS
(As of March 23, 2021)
OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICES
A new permission is granted by the Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, in her orders, March 23, 2021. Outdoor in-person gatherings are permitted with the following conditions (See order for details):
- “Worship service” may also include a funeral, but not a wedding or baptism.
- A person may permit a place for a worship service which is held outdoors.
- Fifty people, as well as people in fifty vehicles, may be present. Up to two additional people may be present for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the Variance.
- People who attend in a vehicle must remain in the vehicle.
- The following people are cautioned NOT to attend in-person gatherings:
- Over the age of 70 (even if immunized)
- People living with a COVID-19 infected person, upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms
- People with underlying medical conditions or compromised immune systems
Conduct During Service
- Masks are mandatory unless speaking, but should be 3 metres apart from other participants, or have physical barriers present
- Maintain physical distancing (2 metres) from others, unless you are from the same household
- No social gathering before, during or after the service
- No collection bag, plate, or any ceremonial object can be passed
- A worship leader must wear a face covering during a worship service, but may remove the face covering when speaking or singing if there is a three metre separation between the worship leader and the other participants, or a physical barrier between the worship leader and the other participants which blocks the transmission of droplets.
Prior to attending service
- Organizer must pre-register participants (to ensure maximum number is not exceeded)
- First and last name, along with phone or e-mail must be collected of every participant attending
- Personal information must be retained for 30 days, after which it must be destroyed. Do not keep a copy.
Link on Government Website:
For Further Questions:
Contact Tanya Avelar-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org