Come and be part of the initiative to help ADRA Canada's Syrian Refugee Crisis Projects!
THIS CONCERT IS FREE!
LIFE+APP, CHURCH IN THE VALLEY PRAISE BAND, DEER LAKE SCHOOL JUNIOR CHOIR, FRASER VALLEY ADVENTIST ACADEMY CHOIR, FRASER VALLEY STRUMMERS, OAC WORSHIP TEAM, PILKEY SISTERS & RYAN MCALLISTER!
THE PROCEEDS OF THIS FREE CHRISTMAS CONCERT WILL GO TOWARDS ADRA CANADA'S SYRIAN REFUGEE CRISIS PROJECTS. THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT WILL MATCH EVERY ELIGIBLE DOLLAR DONATED TO ADRA CANADA.
2015 is very likely to become known as the "Year of the Refugee".
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) reports the number of forcibly displaced populations are at their highest level since World War II, and is now almost 60 million people.
As of June, 2015 it is estimated that 300,000 people have been killed in the Syrian conflict.
Over nine million have had to flee their homes to avoid being killed in the shelling. Approximately four million people have had to flee Syria altogether, to live as refugees in Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, Egypt, and Lebanon.
Hardest hit are refugee children. Most of them are unable to attend school. Experts warn that the Syrian conflict is causing a "lost generation" of educated Syrians.
The war has dragged on for five years now and there is no end in sight. When the conflict finally ends and the refugees are able to return home, there will be millions of youth who will lack the education and skills necessary to support themselves or their families.
The ADRA network has been aiding these refugees with food, emergency supplies, household items, and other support.
The Government of Canada announced on September 12, 2015, the creation of the Syria Emergency Relief Fund.
The Government will match every eligible dollar donated by individual Canadians to registered Canadian charities in response to the impact of the conflict in Syria, up to $100 million, effective immediately and until December 31, 2015.
The Fund will help meet the basic needs of conflict-affected people in the region, as well as in official development assistance-eligible transit countries for refugees. The Government's contribution to this fund will provide assistance through international and Canadian humanitarian organizations and will meet humanitarian needs such as shelter, food, health and water, as well as protection and emergency education.
To be counted for the purposes of the Syria Emergency Relief Fund, donations from individual Canadians may not exceed $100,000 per individual and must be:
+ Monetary in nature
+ Made to a registered Canadian charity that is receiving donations in response to the Syria crisis
+ Specifically earmarked for response to the Syria crisis
+ Made between September 12 and December 31, 2015
+ Used by the registered charity receiving the donation in support of the humanitarian response to the impact of the Syria crisis; and
+ Declared by the registered charity receiving the donation to DFATD.
Your monetary donations today will help the Syrian refugees! Please donate generously.
The Pilkey Sisters
There's nothing quite like the blended tight-knit harmony of sisters' voices.
The Pilkey Sisters have been performing for audiences since 5 years of age. They began their career singing Southern Gospel Music in a White Rock Church that served community meals on Sunday evenings to the less fortunate.
Today they are known throughout the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland, singing at church events, fundraisers, as well as many corporate events. Their desire is to uplift and inspire audiences everywhere by humbly using the musical gift God has loaned to them with the purpose of giving back to their Creator a sacrifice of praise.
FRASER VALLEY STRUMMERS
Inspired by Nelie Cristal who has the passion in music and strings, visited Fraser Valley Church and introduced this small instrument called "Ukulele". The group of Ladies in Fraser Valley Church were persuaded to strum and since then kindled their interests and loved their ukulele group now known as " The Fraser Valley Church Ladies Strummers".
For four years, each member was bonded with dedication to the group, shared laughters and memorable moments together with the leadership of Felma Malicay. The enthusiam to sing and play our ukulele gave us so much joy in performing in various religious occasions not only in British Columbia but also in Alberta and Washington USA. With God's given talent, the group stand even more stronger in praising and glorifying God thru music.
My career in music began years ago when I started playing music with my older brothers in our church worship band. When I graduated high school, I started a band of my own, Dakona. We began to get some attention from record labels and ended up signing a multimillion-dollar deal with Madonna's Maverick Records. We toured North America extensively, performing along side dozens of well known artists ranging from Sam Roberts to Willie Nelson, and playing at venues from The Grand Ole Opry to the Bowery Ballroom. After a massive reshuffling at Maverick, we lost our record deal and returned home after nearly two years on the road. I started recording indie bands at Five Acres, my professional recording studio in the barn outside my home in a sleepy corner of the Fraser Valley in BC. I've taught myself the art of recording and producing, and have written a whole lot of music along the way.
I grew up listening to Christian folk music. Larry Norman, Mark Heard & Randy Stonehill were on constant rotation on our record player. Their lyrics affected me a lot growing up. There was something very authentic in the way they merged their faith with their art that I have always been drawn to. There is something remarkably freeing in abandoning subtlety and making an all out, foot stomping, folk/gospel record. Artistically, it is by far the most challenging and most rewarding thing I've ever done. The scriptures are so rich with beautiful stories and imagery. Even the greatest non-believing artists in history have borrowed from its pages. To be able to put a handful of these stories to song is an honour.
I've spent the first half of 2014 writing, producing and recording The Way Home, my gospel EP, and the response to it has been humbling and encouraging. I've joined The City Harmonic on their Western Canadian tour, toured the Maritimes with Brian Doerksen, opened for Tim Neufeld, and lead worship at dozens of churches in BC and Alberta. I'll be playing some Alberta shows with Michael W. Smith in August and am currently booking a Western Canadian tour for the fall.
LIFE+APP is a training and development community rallied around a common goal – the restoration of relationship between ourselves, others, and God.
Launched by Jonathan and Teresa Penner, and motivated by a passion to see friends and neighbours who would never go to church, come to know and grow in Christ; LIFE+APP hosts a monthly event called Soul.
Similar to a TED talk, with music, stories, images and dance – the goal is to create an environment where anyone regardless of spiritual belief, cultural background or sexual orientation, is inspired to take action toward personal growth – relationally, spiritually, and in service to others.
Believing in the power of music to connect with and move people, LIFE+APP has invested in a growing community of professional musicians and artists motivated to play for change.
The goal at Soul isn't to lead people in worship, but to link them to the ways and teachings of Jesus through well known songs from our culture. So that when they hear a familiar song, they're reminded of what they heard and are moved to taste and see God's goodness.
Fraser Valley Adventist Academy Choir
The FVAA Jr. & Sr. Choirs are enjoying the experience of learning music within a small group setting. Over the past few years, the choir has enjoyed singing in churches around B.C. and Saskatchewan as well as in venues including grocery stores, tea houses, and even at a hockey game!
This spring, the Sr. Choir will be traveling through Vancouver Island to share uplifting messages through music.
Fraser Valley Adventist Academy (FVAA), located in Aldergrove, is a Seventh-day Adventist college preparatory secondary & elementary school.
FVAA is owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist church within the British Columbia Conference. The school is financially supported by the local area SDA churches, conference subsidies, government grants, tuition, charitable donations and fund-raising.
To learn more about FVAA, please visit our booth and visit us online at: http://www.fvaa.ca
Oakridge Adventist Church Worship Team
Worship is a huge priority at Oakridge Adventist Church. We believe it is the purpose for which we were created and our greatest privilege in encountering the risen and ascended Jesus. Through music, prayer, preaching, and communion, we seek to give our best to God each and every week.
Music is offered weekly by our praise band and occasionally by our Choir who practice and prepare to lead the congregation in lifting their voices to God.
Oakridge Adventist Church seeks to create a worship experience that reflects our multicultural, multi-generational congregation, drawing everyone into the presence of Jesus.
The Oakridge Adventist Church Choir performs throughout the year, primarily for special events and holidays. Led by our worship leader, Joey Aguilar, voices come together to create beautiful music, drawing people into worship with God.
Deer Lake School Junior Choir
Deer Lake School Junior composed of students from Grades 3-5. Under the music director of Mr. Byron Emmons, the Deer Lake School Junior has been able to perform in churches and malls around Burnaby.
Deer Lake School is committed to providing exceptional child-centred Christian education in a safe and caring family environment.
We welcome students from all faiths and cultural backgrounds and our enrollment reflects the rich diversity of our local community.
We passionately pursue holistic excellence in all things - mental, physical, spiritual and social. We strive to create an enriched learning environment where students can develop a sense of responsibility through service to one another, their neighbourhood and their world.
Our curriculum at all grade levels incorporates an innovative educational paradigm based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Through the development of strong personal habits of character, we believe that every childcan be a leader in their areas of giftedness andcan become the unique individual that God has created them to be.
Drop by our booth or visit us on the web to learn more about deerlakeschool.ca
- WOMEN'S MINISTRY FALL RETREAT 2016
- MY TRIBUTE: CONCERT
- 9TH ANNUAL MUSIC DAY
- RUNNERS POUND PAVEMENT FOR ALDERGROVE CHURCH’S AOK PROGRAM
- GIVE LOVE: AN ADRA CANADA CHRISTMAS CONCERT
- LIGHT OUT OF THE DARKNESS: CHRISTMAS CONCERT
- FRASER VALLEY ADVENTIST ACADEMY DEDICATES NEW BUS
- HAVING A BLAST AT FRASER VALLEY'S FALL FEST
- CASA FLAG FOOTBALL 2015
- MEMORIAL SERVICE – THE LATE BASIL WILLIAMS
- REACH UP! CAMP MEETING DAILY PAPER
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE: OCTOBER 18, 2015
- WELCOME TO THE FAMILY: PHILLIP & JORDAN KLEIN!
- BIBLE AND HEALTH EVANGELISM TRAINING
- WEST COAST WEDNESDAYS
- REACH ACROSS!
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- INVESTING IN ADVENTIST EDUCATION: WE ALL WIN
- Costa Rica - FVAA MISSION TRIP
- ESTATE PLANNING WITH OUR CHURCH IN MIND
- REACH IMPLEMENTED AT AVALON ADVENTIST CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- WE ALL GIVE
- ADVENTURER FAMILY MINISTRY
- CHANGE OR DIE
- HEALTHY SCHOOL BOARDS
- THE GIVING PLEDGE
- DISCIPLESHIP: PEACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- REACH: PATHFINDER PERSPECTIVE - JACKIE TOOMBS
- VOLUNTEERS! VOLUNTEERS! VOLUNTEERS!
- RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
- CAMPUS MINISTRIES
- DREAM CHURCH BOARD MEETING
- BC CONFERENCE WELCOMES NEW PASTORS
- DEER LAKE SCHOOL: THE LIGHT OF SERVICE
- PATHFINDER HERITAGE DISPLAY
- 4.7 MILLION SEEDS
- FORTY YEARS OF EXCELLENT IMPACT
- 3 PASTORS ORDAINED TO THE GOSPEL MINISTRY
- OKAA: DISCOVERING PURPOSE SHAPING CHARACTER
- A MESSAGE TO FELLOW WORKERS
- AOK 5K - FUN RUN
- IMPORTANT LEGAL ADVICE
- MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR MABEL JOHNSON
- CONNECT SERIES
- ALIVE NIGHT
- CHURCH IN THE VALLEY CELEBRATES GRAND OPENING
- MOMENTUM TRAINING EVENT
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE: OCTOBER 1, 2015
- CHAPLAIN NEEDED: DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- AMPT LEADERSHIP CONVENTION 2015
- AN EVENING OF MUSIC WITH FRANKIE BONES
- QUIET HOUR MISSION TRIP: PHILIPPINES 2016
- NO DREAM IS TOO BIG
- LIFTED: ANNUAL YOUTH RETREAT
- CHANGING YOUR TASTEBUDS
- WORKERS MEETING UPDATE
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
- LET'S MOVE VANCOUVER PLANS TAKE SHAPE
- ARLENE R. TAYLOR SEMINAR AT WESTMINSTER
- FILIPINO ADVENTIST CHURCHES IN BRITISH COLUMBIA ALIGNED FOR CHRIST
- PREMARITAL COUNSELING TRAINING
- VISIT TO CHETWYND
- LET'S MOVE VANCOUVER UPDATE
- LEADERSHIP MANUAL
- PASTOR SHADOW WEEK
- SHADOW WEEK CONCEPT
- SHADOW WEEK TESTIMONY
- UPDATE ON TITHES AND GIVING
- COPS FOR CANCER STOPS BY DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- TLM SCHOOL PROJECT - 13TH SABBATH OFFERINGS 2015
- FROM THE ARCHIVES: VICTORIA SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
- HELP WANTED: CAMP HOPE
- SINGLES MINISTRIES WEEKEND RETREAT 2015
- 2015 WOMEN'S MINISTRY RETREAT: PROGRAM
- 2015 AOK GOLF CHARITY A HUGE SUCCESS!
- JAIME JORGE IN CONCERT: THE CHURCH IN THE VALLEY
- MEN OF HOPE 2015: PROGRAM
- THE GHOST MOUNTAIN GRUNT RACE 2015
- FRASER VALLEY ADVENTIST ACADEMY DEDICATION SERVICE 2015
- BC LIONS PLAYER VISITS DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- DO YOU BELIEVE: TRAILER
- CHIP IN YOUR CHURCH
- DEER LAKE SCHOOL: ALUMNI CORN ROAST
- BURNABY HOMELESS ACTION WEEK 2015
- TEACHERS NEEDED IN KOREA!
- MCBRIDE PROPHECY SERIES 2015
- SULADS NEWSLETTER: JUNE 2015
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IN ROCK CREEK
- FAMILY FUN DAY IN KELOWNA
- QUESTIONS: VERNON SEMINAR
- BUSY DAYS! BEING GREEN AGAIN AND RE-ROOFING!
- MEN OF HOPE Men's Retreat.
- BLESSED ARE
- YOU MAKE ME BRAVE
- 2PRAY JCI YOUTH MOVEMENT 2015
- NAD Ministerial Convention
- CRESTON CHURCH HEALTH PRESENTATION ON HEART DISEASE
- BRYAN BENN'S STORY
- ADVENTIST EDUCATION—IS IT INREACH OR OUTREACH?
- CHURCH IN THE VALLEY: GRAND OPENING WEEKEND
- CELEBRATING 20 YEARS: SON VALLEY FELLOWSHIP
- REACH UP! CAMP MEETING ORDINATION SERVICE
- ANNUAL MEN'S MINISTRY RETREAT: STRUGGLES
- 16TH ANNUAL CHIP SUMMIT
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) UPDATES: JULY 26 + AUGUST 11, 2015
- FRANKIE BONES IN CONCERT
- SAGE: CRANBROOK CHURCH RENOVATION
- ANNUAL WOMEN'S MINISTRIES RETREAT
- ORDINATION RESPONSE
- REACH VIDEOS
- SAGE BC 2015
- READING THRU THE GOSPELS 2015
- COMMUNICATION RESOURCE SEMINAR JULY 27-30 2015
- SURREY CHURCH - VBS "THE CREATOR IS MY FRIEND" 2015
- WHAT IS REACH?
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - SON VALLEY CHURCH
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - PORT HARDY
- YOUNG ADULT CAMP MEETING LINEUP
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - DAWSON CREEK
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - PRINCE GEORGE
- WOMEN'S MINISTRY - FALL RETREAT 2015
- DESIRE OF AGES CHAPTER 78 (SELECTIVE READING)
- 2015 DEER LAKE SCHOOL HOME SHOW
- Did You Know
- ELEMENTS OF AN EFFECTIVE PASTORAL VISIT
- Quotable Quotes
- Reach Orientation + Partnership forum
- The Most Humble Work
- I Am Going
- Camp Meeting Seminars, 2015
- Health Ministries - June 2015 - NEWSLETTER
- Health Ministries - May 20 - NEWSLETTER
- The Street Store: Oakridge SDA Church
- Wayne's Camp Hope Appeal
- MP Mark Warawa Highlights Acts Of Kindness In Aldergrove
- June 27: Reach BC & Yukon
- JUNE 20: CANADIAN FRENCH WORK* (WB)
- June 13: Genral Conference Session Offering (FOR WORLD MISSION) GC
- Local Church Budget
- In support of BURMAN UNIVERSITY - (CUC)
- OKAA Centennial Committee needs your Help!
- Terry Sparks Retires
- Ministerial Musings - Penticton
- Ministerial Musings - Fountain View Academy
- Ministerial Musings - Surrey Evangelism
- Honoring BC Conference Retirees
- BRITISH COLUMBIA FAMILY RETREAT July 1-4, 2015
- Home Renos in Aldergrove life altering for two families
- Email Address for Pastors
- Baptismal Resources
- Thoughts From the President
- 8 Things I Wish My Members Knew...
- Book Review - Repenting of Religion
- No Kids Allowed
- Interviewing Rob Folkenberg III
- Family Retreat - Nothing is Impossible - July 1-4, 2015
- What to Expect @ The Wave - Camp Meeting Summer 2015
- 12 Sabbaths of Praying
- Deer Lake School: Evening of the Arts
- Who's on Your Side?
- CHURCH SECRET SHOPPER
- Healthy Choices Wellness Weekend
- Benefits of Extreme Home Repair
- ADRA Helps Nepal
- WORTHY IS THE LAMB: A PRAISE CONCERT
- MEMBERSHIP CLASS RESOURCES
- GET TO KNOW ME - PASTOR JOSH JAMIESON
- Help I am a Pastor and I am Drowning
- PRESIDENT'S UPDATE: APRIL 22, 2015
- New Ministerial Director
- Penticton Welcomes Ezekiel Deschenes
- Deer Lake School: Love Dine'
- FVAA Mission Trip to Costa Rica
- THE INVISIBLE HANDS: EASTER THANKSGIVING CONCERT
- GOD'S PLAN FOR YOUR CHURCH
- PREPARING FOR GROWTH
- 8 VALUES OF TEAMWORK
- Book Review - Leadership and the Art of Struggle
- SOME ADVICE
- Eat like an Adventist
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - SMITHERS
- REACH VANCOUVER INTITIATIVE
- Ministerial Musings - Kamloops
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE FOR PASTORS
- DR. ERN BRAKE REACH PRESENTATION
- EFFECTIVE LEADERS
- SABBATH SCHOOL COURT
- SUMMER CAMP PRAISE REPORT
- Worthy Is The Lamb: A Praise Concert
- EIM REPLACED BY PASTORS’ REACH FUND
- Ministerial Musings - Vancouver Chinese Church
- SURVEY SAYS...YOUNG ADULTS
- 100 DAYS OF PRAYER
- GET TO KNOW ME
- PATHFINDERS HELP BRING GOD’S BLESSING
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - MISSION CHURCH
- Avalon Christmas Program 2014
- New Church Plant
- 2015 MULTI-CLUB WINTER CAMPING
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 3)
- ICE STORM UPDATE: JANUARY 29
- 10TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CONCERT A SUCCESS!
- ICE STORM UPDATE: JANUARY 15
- WELCOME TO THE FAMILY JORDAN POCH!
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 2)
- Terrace 10 Days of Prayer
- CAMP HOPE HIT BY ICE STORM!
- 2014 YOUTH RETREAT
- THE LIVING DISCOVERIES
- Not By Might - But By His Spirit
- CBS Special: Sikhs, Mennonites and Adventists
- Board of Directors Update: December 4, 2014
- 10 SIGNS YOU MAY BE GOING TO A GREAT LOCAL CHURCH
- CRESTON CHRISTMAS MUSICAL 2014
- Mission Church: Former Pastors Meet Up!
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 1)
- Ministerial Musings - Native Camp meeting Port Hardy