Jerry Logan was born in Nelson, B.C. and graduated from Canadian University College with a major in Religious studies Pre-professional track in 2008.
Currently, he is working on his MAPMin (Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry) program from Andrews University through Burman University (formerly CUC).
Jerry is married to Olenah and they have three 3 children: Angelina Harris (23), who is married to Matthew Harris, Dustin (20), and Amanda (19).
He was basically an atheist until the age of 19 when he experienced his conversion through astronomy. Jerry discovered that there must be an intelligent designer in control of the universe. Jerry desired to know who He is and asked for Him to reveal Himself to him.
Also that same night, Jerry asked for his soul mate for life. Within two weeks, he met Olenah, who was a Seventh-day Adventist. From then on, Jerry has been seeking to learn as much as he can about God and the plan of salvation.
Jerry completed the BC Institute of Christian Ministries – Public Evangelism (lay preacher certification) in 2004. After this, Pastor Ernie Dunning encouraged him to become a lay preacher, but the then BC Conference President, Harry Sacket and Secretary, Mark Johnson, convinced him to go to CUC (Burman University) to become a full time minister.
Claude Sabot also encouraged him in that direction, so that Jerry could give full-time service to God.
After his graduation from the Theology Department, Jerry served as the Corner Brook Church Pastor
in Newfoundland from 2008 till March 2014.
In April 2014, Jerry was called to serve in the BC Conference as the pastor of the Prince George, McBride, and Vanderhoof District.
His vision is "to be more like Jesus, truly experiencing what it is to have compassion for souls."
Jerry loves to be around people who are genuine. He also loves working with Pathfinders and being involved with people on all levels. It brings him great joy to experience people giving their lives to Jesus. Pastor Jerry is loved and appreciated by his church members in a special way.
Cavin was born in Fort St. John, one of the towns he has the privilege of serving as Pastor.
He is a BC boy, as he lived in this Province his whole life except for the 4 years he spent at Burman University (formerly CUC).
It was at Burman University where he studied theology and graduated with a BA in Religious Studies Pre-Professional Track.
At the end of his first year at Burman University, Cavin struggled with what he should focus on for his future, even though he knew God started calling him at the age of 16.
So he decided to phone his sister, Conin. In the conversation she asked him:"What would you do if money, family, and time weren't an issue?" Cavin answered immediately: "That's easy, I'd take Religious Studies!" Conin's reply brought years of questions and doubt into focus: "So why don't you do it?" she said.
The next day, Cavin walked into Doug Matacio's office and changed his major.
From that moment, he decided to just let God lead. "And here I am 6 years into ministry happily serving three churches (Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Tumbler Ridge) that have become my family," says Cavin.
He plans on furthering his education, while in ministry, so that he can continue serving the Lord as He calls.
When asked about his vision statement and passion in ministry, Cavin replies.
"I love people, helping people, and the best thing I can do is try to teach them who Jesus is and what He truly is like; only then will people want Him in their lives. I pray every day that God can use me in this great task."
Cavin is also much loved and appreciated by his church families.
Timoteus Nagy was born in Neumarkt, in the province of Transilvania, Romania. He moved to Canada with his family in 2001. After completing his bachelor's degree in architecture from the University of Toronto, he attended Andrews University where he obtained his Master of Divinity degree (MDiv.).
He graduated from the MDiv. program in May 2011. According to Timoteus (Tim), he met some really wonderful mentors along the way. His parents are his number one mentors and counselors on this earth, after God.
Tim was baptized by Pastor Manuel Silva, while both of them were in ON and later on had the privilege of working closely with Pastor Silva in BC.
While Tim was in Berrien Springs (Andrews), Pastor Roy Castelbuono was a major influence. Pastor Tom Glatts also mentored Tim when he began his ministry, in British Columbia, serving the Mission and Maple Ridge Churches in 2011.
Tim pastored those two churches for four years. In April of this year, he was called to serve as the pastor of the Chilliwack and Mount Hope Churches. Tim is much loved and appreciated by his church members.
In his own words Pastor Tim described his one goal in ministry: "To make Christ relevant and approachable by all age groups and all ethnicities. Jesus is coming again, and the harvest is plentiful."
- WOMEN'S MINISTRY FALL RETREAT 2016
- MY TRIBUTE: CONCERT
- 9TH ANNUAL MUSIC DAY
- RUNNERS POUND PAVEMENT FOR ALDERGROVE CHURCH’S AOK PROGRAM
- GIVE LOVE: AN ADRA CANADA CHRISTMAS CONCERT
- LIGHT OUT OF THE DARKNESS: CHRISTMAS CONCERT
- FRASER VALLEY ADVENTIST ACADEMY DEDICATES NEW BUS
- HAVING A BLAST AT FRASER VALLEY'S FALL FEST
- CASA FLAG FOOTBALL 2015
- MEMORIAL SERVICE – THE LATE BASIL WILLIAMS
- REACH UP! CAMP MEETING DAILY PAPER
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE: OCTOBER 18, 2015
- WELCOME TO THE FAMILY: PHILLIP & JORDAN KLEIN!
- BIBLE AND HEALTH EVANGELISM TRAINING
- WEST COAST WEDNESDAYS
- REACH ACROSS!
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- INVESTING IN ADVENTIST EDUCATION: WE ALL WIN
- Costa Rica - FVAA MISSION TRIP
- ESTATE PLANNING WITH OUR CHURCH IN MIND
- REACH IMPLEMENTED AT AVALON ADVENTIST CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- WE ALL GIVE
- ADVENTURER FAMILY MINISTRY
- CHANGE OR DIE
- HEALTHY SCHOOL BOARDS
- THE GIVING PLEDGE
- DISCIPLESHIP: PEACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- REACH: PATHFINDER PERSPECTIVE - JACKIE TOOMBS
- VOLUNTEERS! VOLUNTEERS! VOLUNTEERS!
- RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
- CAMPUS MINISTRIES
- DREAM CHURCH BOARD MEETING
- BC CONFERENCE WELCOMES NEW PASTORS
- DEER LAKE SCHOOL: THE LIGHT OF SERVICE
- PATHFINDER HERITAGE DISPLAY
- 4.7 MILLION SEEDS
- FORTY YEARS OF EXCELLENT IMPACT
- 3 PASTORS ORDAINED TO THE GOSPEL MINISTRY
- OKAA: DISCOVERING PURPOSE SHAPING CHARACTER
- A MESSAGE TO FELLOW WORKERS
- AOK 5K - FUN RUN
- IMPORTANT LEGAL ADVICE
- MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR MABEL JOHNSON
- CONNECT SERIES
- ALIVE NIGHT
- CHURCH IN THE VALLEY CELEBRATES GRAND OPENING
- MOMENTUM TRAINING EVENT
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE: OCTOBER 1, 2015
- CHAPLAIN NEEDED: DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- AMPT LEADERSHIP CONVENTION 2015
- AN EVENING OF MUSIC WITH FRANKIE BONES
- QUIET HOUR MISSION TRIP: PHILIPPINES 2016
- NO DREAM IS TOO BIG
- LIFTED: ANNUAL YOUTH RETREAT
- CHANGING YOUR TASTEBUDS
- WORKERS MEETING UPDATE
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
- LET'S MOVE VANCOUVER PLANS TAKE SHAPE
- ARLENE R. TAYLOR SEMINAR AT WESTMINSTER
- FILIPINO ADVENTIST CHURCHES IN BRITISH COLUMBIA ALIGNED FOR CHRIST
- PREMARITAL COUNSELING TRAINING
- VISIT TO CHETWYND
- LET'S MOVE VANCOUVER UPDATE
- LEADERSHIP MANUAL
- PASTOR SHADOW WEEK
- SHADOW WEEK CONCEPT
- SHADOW WEEK TESTIMONY
- UPDATE ON TITHES AND GIVING
- COPS FOR CANCER STOPS BY DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- TLM SCHOOL PROJECT - 13TH SABBATH OFFERINGS 2015
- FROM THE ARCHIVES: VICTORIA SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
- HELP WANTED: CAMP HOPE
- SINGLES MINISTRIES WEEKEND RETREAT 2015
- 2015 WOMEN'S MINISTRY RETREAT: PROGRAM
- 2015 AOK GOLF CHARITY A HUGE SUCCESS!
- JAIME JORGE IN CONCERT: THE CHURCH IN THE VALLEY
- MEN OF HOPE 2015: PROGRAM
- THE GHOST MOUNTAIN GRUNT RACE 2015
- FRASER VALLEY ADVENTIST ACADEMY DEDICATION SERVICE 2015
- BC LIONS PLAYER VISITS DEER LAKE SCHOOL
- DO YOU BELIEVE: TRAILER
- CHIP IN YOUR CHURCH
- DEER LAKE SCHOOL: ALUMNI CORN ROAST
- BURNABY HOMELESS ACTION WEEK 2015
- TEACHERS NEEDED IN KOREA!
- MCBRIDE PROPHECY SERIES 2015
- SULADS NEWSLETTER: JUNE 2015
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IN ROCK CREEK
- FAMILY FUN DAY IN KELOWNA
- QUESTIONS: VERNON SEMINAR
- BUSY DAYS! BEING GREEN AGAIN AND RE-ROOFING!
- MEN OF HOPE Men's Retreat.
- BLESSED ARE
- YOU MAKE ME BRAVE
- 2PRAY JCI YOUTH MOVEMENT 2015
- NAD Ministerial Convention
- CRESTON CHURCH HEALTH PRESENTATION ON HEART DISEASE
- BRYAN BENN'S STORY
- ADVENTIST EDUCATION—IS IT INREACH OR OUTREACH?
- CHURCH IN THE VALLEY: GRAND OPENING WEEKEND
- CELEBRATING 20 YEARS: SON VALLEY FELLOWSHIP
- REACH UP! CAMP MEETING ORDINATION SERVICE
- ANNUAL MEN'S MINISTRY RETREAT: STRUGGLES
- 16TH ANNUAL CHIP SUMMIT
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) UPDATES: JULY 26 + AUGUST 11, 2015
- FRANKIE BONES IN CONCERT
- SAGE: CRANBROOK CHURCH RENOVATION
- ANNUAL WOMEN'S MINISTRIES RETREAT
- ORDINATION RESPONSE
- REACH VIDEOS
- SAGE BC 2015
- READING THRU THE GOSPELS 2015
- COMMUNICATION RESOURCE SEMINAR JULY 27-30 2015
- SURREY CHURCH - VBS "THE CREATOR IS MY FRIEND" 2015
- WHAT IS REACH?
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - SON VALLEY CHURCH
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - PORT HARDY
- YOUNG ADULT CAMP MEETING LINEUP
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - DAWSON CREEK
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - PRINCE GEORGE
- WOMEN'S MINISTRY - FALL RETREAT 2015
- DESIRE OF AGES CHAPTER 78 (SELECTIVE READING)
- 2015 DEER LAKE SCHOOL HOME SHOW
- Did You Know
- ELEMENTS OF AN EFFECTIVE PASTORAL VISIT
- Quotable Quotes
- Reach Orientation + Partnership forum
- The Most Humble Work
- I Am Going
- Camp Meeting Seminars, 2015
- Health Ministries - June 2015 - NEWSLETTER
- Health Ministries - May 20 - NEWSLETTER
- The Street Store: Oakridge SDA Church
- Wayne's Camp Hope Appeal
- MP Mark Warawa Highlights Acts Of Kindness In Aldergrove
- June 27: Reach BC & Yukon
- JUNE 20: CANADIAN FRENCH WORK* (WB)
- June 13: Genral Conference Session Offering (FOR WORLD MISSION) GC
- Local Church Budget
- In support of BURMAN UNIVERSITY - (CUC)
- OKAA Centennial Committee needs your Help!
- Terry Sparks Retires
- Ministerial Musings - Penticton
- Ministerial Musings - Fountain View Academy
- Ministerial Musings - Surrey Evangelism
- Honoring BC Conference Retirees
- BRITISH COLUMBIA FAMILY RETREAT July 1-4, 2015
- Home Renos in Aldergrove life altering for two families
- Email Address for Pastors
- Baptismal Resources
- Thoughts From the President
- 8 Things I Wish My Members Knew...
- Book Review - Repenting of Religion
- No Kids Allowed
- Interviewing Rob Folkenberg III
- Family Retreat - Nothing is Impossible - July 1-4, 2015
- What to Expect @ The Wave - Camp Meeting Summer 2015
- 12 Sabbaths of Praying
- Deer Lake School: Evening of the Arts
- Who's on Your Side?
- CHURCH SECRET SHOPPER
- Healthy Choices Wellness Weekend
- Benefits of Extreme Home Repair
- ADRA Helps Nepal
- WORTHY IS THE LAMB: A PRAISE CONCERT
- MEMBERSHIP CLASS RESOURCES
- GET TO KNOW ME - PASTOR JOSH JAMIESON
- Help I am a Pastor and I am Drowning
- PRESIDENT'S UPDATE: APRIL 22, 2015
- New Ministerial Director
- Penticton Welcomes Ezekiel Deschenes
- Deer Lake School: Love Dine'
- FVAA Mission Trip to Costa Rica
- THE INVISIBLE HANDS: EASTER THANKSGIVING CONCERT
- GOD'S PLAN FOR YOUR CHURCH
- PREPARING FOR GROWTH
- 8 VALUES OF TEAMWORK
- Book Review - Leadership and the Art of Struggle
- SOME ADVICE
- Eat like an Adventist
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - SMITHERS
- REACH VANCOUVER INTITIATIVE
- Ministerial Musings - Kamloops
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE FOR PASTORS
- DR. ERN BRAKE REACH PRESENTATION
- EFFECTIVE LEADERS
- SABBATH SCHOOL COURT
- SUMMER CAMP PRAISE REPORT
- Worthy Is The Lamb: A Praise Concert
- EIM REPLACED BY PASTORS’ REACH FUND
- Ministerial Musings - Vancouver Chinese Church
- SURVEY SAYS...YOUNG ADULTS
- 100 DAYS OF PRAYER
- GET TO KNOW ME
- PATHFINDERS HELP BRING GOD’S BLESSING
- MINISTERIAL MUSINGS - MISSION CHURCH
- Avalon Christmas Program 2014
- New Church Plant
- 2015 MULTI-CLUB WINTER CAMPING
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 3)
- ICE STORM UPDATE: JANUARY 29
- 10TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CONCERT A SUCCESS!
- ICE STORM UPDATE: JANUARY 15
- WELCOME TO THE FAMILY JORDAN POCH!
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 2)
- Terrace 10 Days of Prayer
- CAMP HOPE HIT BY ICE STORM!
- 2014 YOUTH RETREAT
- THE LIVING DISCOVERIES
- Not By Might - But By His Spirit
- CBS Special: Sikhs, Mennonites and Adventists
- Board of Directors Update: December 4, 2014
- 10 SIGNS YOU MAY BE GOING TO A GREAT LOCAL CHURCH
- CRESTON CHRISTMAS MUSICAL 2014
- Mission Church: Former Pastors Meet Up!
- 2015 CHALLENGE (PART 1)
- Ministerial Musings - Native Camp meeting Port Hardy