Policies + Forms + Map
CAMP MEETING PET POLICIES
The BC Conference desires that its members enjoy a spiritual uplifting Camp Meeting experience every year. However, it has been perceived that some members have not attended these meetings because of the lack of a Policy that would allow them to have their pets' company with them in Camp Hope. This year, a Policy was developed on a trial basis to accommodate these requests. This Policy will be enforced on the campgrounds for the safety and well being of all campers. Pet owners should familiarize themselves with this Policy as they will be required to abide by it during their stay in Camp Meeting.
A) GENERAL PET POLICIES
1. All Pet owners must sign a Waiver and Indemnity form releasing the Conference from liability and indemnifying the Conference for any and all damages that their pets may cause.
2. Pets are allowed only in RV’s or cabins. Pets are not allowed in tents or tent trailers.
3. No exotic pets are allowed (i.e. ferrets, monkeys, snakes). This policy applies to certain dogs (see specific "Dog Policies", below), cats and caged birds. These will be allowed provided that their owners abide by these policies and sign the Waiver and Indemnity form.
4. Pets need to be registered at the Registration Booth before entering the campgrounds.
5. If, in the Conference’s sole discretion, it concludes that a pet has caused or is likely to cause damage, harm, or disruption to property or other persons attending Camp Hope, the owner will remove the pet from Camp Hope immediately.
B) DOG POLICIES
1. All General Pet Policies apply to dog owners.
2. Only lapdogs are allowed on the campgrounds (no aggressive breeds as determined by the Conference).
3. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times when outside RV's or cabins.
4. Dogs are not allowed in any public areas:
- Any building
- Washrooms facility
- Meeting places
- Children’s Divisions
- Public Sidewalks
5. Owners must pick up after their dogs at all times in all areas. Plastic bags will be provided at the registration booth. Bags will be disposed of as directed by the Conference.
6. Each dog must have a collar with an identification tag.
C) DAY VISITORS
All General Pet Policies and Dog Policies apply to Day Visitors with dogs.
*(Voted by the BC Conference Board of Directors on June 03, 2012)
PET AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ARE ALSO ASSUMING CERTAIN OBLIGATIONS.
In consideration of being allowed to bring my pet(s) to the Camp Meeting at Camp Hope, Hope, BC,(the “Camp”) held and organized by the Seventh-day Adventist Church (British Columbia Conference) (the “Conference”) I, the undersigned, do hereby agree as follows:
1. I have read and will abide by all policies of the Conference related to pets (as such policies may be amended or adjusted by the Conference from time to time);
2. I will remove my pet from the Camp immediately upon request of the Conference if, in the Conference’s sole discretion, it concludes that my pet has caused or is likely to cause damage, harm, or disruption to property or other persons attending the Camp;
3. I waive, release and forever discharge the Conference, its affiliates, members, directors, officers, leaders, agents, volunteers and/or employees (collectively the “Releasees”) from all actions, causes of actions, suits, claims and demands whatsoever that I may have against any of them as a result of, arising out of or in any way connected with my pet(s) being at the Camp;
4. I will indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees and all of them from and against any and all actions, suits, expenses, damages, losses, expenses, claims or demands whatsoever (including legal fees on a solicitor and own client basis) that that any of the Releasees may suffer or that may be brought, alleged or made against any of them by any third party, arising from, caused by, connected with or related to my pet(s) being at the Camp.