Hard to believe that in a few days we will be putting away all the Christmas “stuff” and welcoming in 2015!
In November of 1964, when I was baptized, I thought Jesus would be here before I would ever get married and have children. And yet here I am, 50 years since my baptism, married for almost 42 years to the most incredible lady (Sylvia), blessed with two amazing children (James & Julie); and we now have two lovable and awesome grandchildren (Claire & Quinn). And I am still longingly waiting with great hope and anticipation for Jesus to come.
What a glorious day that will be! What a privilege God has given us as a church family to prepare a people to meet Jesus. As I am writing this update, I am praising God for the blessing He has given me to serve Him. Every day I thank God for the privilege to work with the most amazing people in the British Columbia Conference.
Together, we are part of a movement that God has called into existence. And the One who has called us will equip us to grow His Kingdom in British Columbia and the Yukon as we share a Christ-centered message of HOPE and WHOLENESS!
Below are updates on some of the events that are happening around the Conference:
I trust you are taking time to read the electronic copy of REACH Update that Charles and his team email out each week. I was thrilled to read in the latest issue all the exciting Christmas events that are happening in churches and schools around the Conference. This is a great time of year to REACH OUT to your community; it is nice to do something for others and expect nothing in return. I believe this is the Jesus method.
Board of Directors
The latest Board of Directors teleconference was held Thursday, December 4, at 4pm. In the next couple of weeks, Elder Torres will post, in the REACH Update, the actions taken by the Board of Directors. Your continued prayers for the Board of Directors is greatly appreciated.
Ministerial Convention in Austin
The week prior to the General Conference Session in San Antonio, the North American Division is conducting a convention for pastors that many of our pastors in BC are planning to attend. This will be a wonderful opportunity for our pastors to learn from other pastors the exciting things they are doing with their church families to grow God’s Kingdom. It will also be a time of professional development for our pastors.
SDACC Education Summit
Sometime over the next few months, you will be informed regarding the recommendations that came out of the Education Summit that was held last month in Toronto, Ontario.
The main purpose of the Summit was to revisit the vision for Adventist Education and determine what should be happening in our schools that would encourage, and even want, our church members to enroll their children in our schools.
BC Conference was well represented at the summit and those that attended from BC played a key role. Praise God for our schools and for the amazing teachers He has blessed us with. Our teachers covet your prayers.
They fully understand that the salvation of the children under their care is their number one priority. Pray that God will bless each one of them with wisdom and discernment.
REACH BC & the Yukon
As many of you are aware, Elder Brake is now the Assistant to the President for REACH. I just received his REACH report for the Board. REACH is beginning to take hold in the BC Conference.
Elder Brake is more than willing to come to your church or school to introduce the BC Conference REACH strategy.
Below is a taste of what Ern has accomplished over the past several weeks:
*Introduced REACH to Victoria Church Board and to the White Rock Church.
*Introduced REACH to Westminster Church Board. They accepted our request to become a REACH pilot church. The Chinese Spiritual Depot church plant will also be a REACH pilot project.
*Introduced REACH to the Abbotsford Church Board of Elders with a request that they become a REACH pilot church. They are taking it to their Board.
*Worked with Paul Brantley and Daniel Stojanovic to present REACH at the SDACC meetings in Oshawa. A Canada-wide REACH team was established with REACH representatives from each Canadian Conference committing to holding a monthly REACH teleconference.
*Worked with Pastor Cameron Johnston to hold a REACH Training Convention in Prince George for northern churches. Representatives from most of the northern churches participated - an excellent example of Alignment.
*Working with our Health Ministries Team to plan a North American CHIP Summit in the Fall of 2015, and an NAD Health Summit in the Fall of 2016. This will contribute to training under the “C” core value - Community Outreach & Evangelism.
*Pastors Mentorship training at CUC. Included pastors Ken Naidoo, Tom Glatts, Robert Rud, Kumar Dixit, and Levi Estores.
*Worked with Pastor Jim Weir to hold evangelistic meetings in the Kelowna Church. Included participation from area Churches - another example of Alignment.
*Elders from Vancouver’s five Filipino churches have met for the second time in the interest of alignment.
*Working with the BC Conference Directors to develop a Conference plan with priorities for 2015 to be presented at the January 25, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting.
Appeal for Your Financial Assistance
We need your help! This year we have not reached our financial goal for evangelism. Your financial gift to help us grow God’s Kingdom through REACH would be greatly appreciated.
As you may be aware, one of the core values of REACH is Community Outreach and Evangelism. Thank you in advance for your financial support for REACH evangelism. Your financial gift WILL make a DIFFERENCE!
Christmas Vacation & Meetings out of Conference
I will be away from the office from December 18 to January 7. During that time I will be taking some R&R time with my family as well as attending several meetings in Arizona. Should you need to connect with me you will be able to reach me on my cell at 604-308- 6131 or my email email@example.com.
One last thought
How will you live your life in 2015? How I am choosing to live my life is best expressed in a song written by Gloria Gaither –
I then shall live as one who’s been forgiven;
I’ll walk with joy to know my debts are paid.
I know my name is clear before my Father;
I am His child and I am not afraid.
So greatly pardoned, I’ll forgive my brother;
The law of love I gladly will obey.
I then shall live as one who’s learned compassion;
I’ve been so loved that I’ll risk loving, too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges;
I’ll dare to see another’s point of view.
And when relationships demand commitment,
Then I’ll be there to care and follow through.
Your Kingdom come around and through in me,
Your power and glory, let them shine through me.
Your Hallowed Name, O may I bear with honor,
And may Your living Kingdom come in me,
The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor,
And may You feed a hungry world through me.
So fellow workers for Jesus, how will you live your life in 2015? I invite you to join me in praying that the message of this song will be the story of your life! To God be the glory!
Blessings upon blessings to you and your family during this Christmas season!
Wayne Culmore, President, Seventh-day Adventist Church (British Columbia Conference)
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time