We have had eight new additions to our team during this period.
However, three of them, Pastors Rajkumar Dixit, Leomar Macaraig and David Rodriguez were formally introduced last camp meeting, as they started their ministry immediately after last year’s camp meeting.
The other five new pastors are Kevin Burrell, Peter Qiu, Jerry Logan, John Masigan and Robert Folkenberg III.
Kevin Burrell came to BC with his family immediately after recieving his theology degree graduation at Canadian University College (CUC) in 2012.
He is married to Valita, and they have two children, Jonathan (7) and Jesse (4). Kevin started his studies pursuing a master’s degree in theology at Trinity Western University in that year.
The agreed plan with CUC is for Pastor Burrell to return to CUC to be one of its professors in the Religion Department to lecture on subjects related to Biblical languages in the near future.
In the beginning of 2013, Pastor Burrell started to assist Pastor Burnett Robinson as a Bible worker for the evangelistic campaign the district had planned for that year. However, in September of 2013, Pastor Robinson accepted a call to serve in New York and the pastoral position of the district became vacant.
The New Life and Richmond churches were happy with the ministry of Pastor Burrell and worked together with the Conference for his placement as their pastor in the beginning of December 2013. The churches are enjoying and working closely with Pastor Burrell. He has become a great addition to our ministerial team.
Peter Qiu came to BC with his wife Joy and their three young boys: Aaron (12), Moses (10), and Michael (6). His ministry is an initiative of the Chinese Church with the purpose to establish a work in the Lower Mainland with the Chinese university students.
Bunjie Choi opened his own house for the Qiu family to live in as a venue for a friendship and gathering time for the Chinese students, as Pastor Peter Qiu & Joy led spiritual activities for the group on Friday evenings.
A sumptuous Adventist - style meal was served during the meetings which enhanced the program as the Chinese students came searching for new friends and a “Chinese time” together with other young people of their culture. This activites provided them with an enjoyable time, a break from their studies, and sometimes even a break from isolation.
The dedicated and hard work of Pastor Qiu has been blessed with 11 baptisms so far (some more during this camp meeting) and a number of Bible studies.
The group has grown from 15 - 18 to about 30 young people.
They are now enjoying two meetings: Friday evening at Pastor Peter Qiu’s home in Westminster and on Sabbath morning at the Westminster Church, which provides an opportunity for some of the parents to join in the spiritual activities, too.
Please pray for Pastor Qiu and the Chinese youth group.
Jerry Logan was born and raised in BC. He is married to Olenah and they are the parents of Angelina (married to Pastor Matthew Harris), Dustin, and Alanna. After completing his theological studies at CUC in 2009, Pastor Logan served as the pastor of the Corner Brook Church in the Newfoundland Mission.
Being a man who loves the outdoors, persists as a good shepherd to his flock, and stays very active with the young people, the Prince George, McBride, and Vanderhoof churches thought he would be a good fit for them, and worked closely with the Conference to place a call to him to return to BC.
Pastor Logan started his ministry in those churches at the beginning of April this year and he has already experienced love and respect from the members of his pastoral district. We are convinced that Pastor Logan and his family will serve our beloved brothers and sisters in the northern part of BC very well.
John Masigan is a young and vibrant pastor. He graduated from CUC with his theology degree in 2013. Since then, he has been very involved with the BC young people as their speaker for summer camps and other activities.
Pastor Masigan was hired as a locally funded youth pastor of the Rest Haven Church in the fall of 2013. He worked very hard and closely with Pastor Michael Stevenson, and they experienced a good growth and a positive environment with the youth in that church.
After the retirement of Pastor Bill Kelly, the Kamloops Church and the Barriere and Clearwater companies worked very closely and prayerfully with the BC Conference in the selection process of their new pastor. A call was placed Pastor Masigan to to serve in that district, and he began serving the churches on July 1, 2014. This will be a busy and blessed summer for Pastor Masigan. Besides starting his ministry with the BC Conference, he will also get married to Cherry-Ann Del Mundo in August. We wish God’s richest blessings upon the Masigan young couple as they serve the Lord together with all their love and strength.
Robert Folkenberg III will be officially joining the British Columbia Conference as the assistant/youth pastor at the Rutland Seventh-day Adventist Church in September 2014.
This year on June 16 Rob married his best friend, Bethany Gerber! They’ve spent their summer in Walla Walla, WA, where they are finishing up degrees in theology and education, respectively. Rob loves sharing Jesus with other young people and involving them in serving God and others. Besides ministry, Rob is passionate about living life adventurously. He enjoys rock climbing, hiking, and traveling.
We are very proud and appreciative of our new pastors in the BC Conference. We kindly request our beloved members in our constituency to lift them up in prayers daily. Welcome to the BC Conference Ministerial team Pastors Burrell, Qui, Logan, Masigan, and Folkenberg!
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time