1 – Wayne Culmore presented the President’s report highlighting the excellent spiritual environment already sensed during the first days of Camp Meeting (CM) as well as the blessings received by all CM attendees through the messages of Elder Mark Finley, and all the preparations that led to make CM a very spiritual event for the BC Conference constituents.
2 – Michael Wixwat, Treasurer, presented the YTD June 2014 Treasury report showing a 0.72% growth in tithe when compared to the same period last year. Let us thank God for the faithfulness of His children and be encouraged to remain committed to God and His Cause.
3 – Ern Brake, Assistant to the President for REACH presented a historical, methodological, practical, and encouraging report about REACH and the potential of this strategic plan to grow God’s Kingdom in BC & Yukon. Ern is working hard in developing some training presentations for church leaders. He is already going around the Conference motivating our churches, schools, pastors and teachers to be in alignment with the 5 core values of REACH BC & Yukon.
4 – Lloyd Robinson, Education Superintendent presented the Education Dept. report highlighting the benefits of Christian Education in our communities and the alignment of our schools with the REACH initiative. He also shared the final challenges to fill the last vacant spots in his search of good teachers for our schools. Please pray for our schools, principals, teachers, and students!
5 – The BOD was updated about the negotiations revolving around the building of a new office and the potential for the current location of our Church headquarters. The BOD voted to request the Building Committee to bring a detailed report with options/suggestions in connection with the current location (property) and the building of a new headquarters facility to be presented to the BOD on the October 19, 2014 meeting.
6 – The BOD voted to approve the expansion plans of the Salmon Arm Church and their Revolving Fund Loan application to the SDACC related to the project.
7 – It was also voted to approve the purchase of an adjacent property to the Quesnel Church by that church as well as their Revolving Fund Loan application to the SDACC.
8 – Also, the BOD voted in principle the purchase of a property by the Korean Seed Sowers in Langley, as the property price negotiation is still in progress. This action is to subject to the submission of a professional inspection report on the property and the final approval of the BC Conference Building Committee.
9 – The BOD voted to adopt the BC Conference Part-time Minister Handbook.
10 – It was also voted to approve an Advanced Studies Policy for the BC Conference pastors.
11 - It was presented to the BOD the BC Conference Teachers Handbook.
12 – The ABC Financial Statement for April 2014 was received by the BOD. It shows a good improvement when compared to the same period in 2013.
13 – The BOD approved the alignment of the Revelstoke Company with the Salmon Arm and Silver Creek Churches forming a pastoral district comprised of 3 churches.
14 – A Mission Trip Policy for our BC Conference churches was approved by the BOD. Please find this document attached to this message.
15 – The Church Plant Guidelines document was amended by the BOD, following the recommendation of the Church Planting Taskforce Committee with the intention of fostering healthy church plants in our Conference.
16 – The Castlegar Group was officially recognized by the BOD as a Church Plant of the Nelson Church & other supportive churches in the district. There was no Adventist presence in that city.
17 – The Kettle Valley Church Plant, a “daughter” of the Osoyoos Church, located at Westbridge/Rock Creek was voted to become a Company. Now, the BC Conference Administration will organize a date to visit the members there and have an official ceremony with them.
18 – The BOD placed a call to Pastor Charles Lomudak to be the pastor of the Port Hardy Church. Charles is a recent graduate from CUC and is originally from Sudan, where he started his Theological studies years ago and worked for ADRA. Charles has been in Canada for 15 years and was directly involved in the planting and leadership of the New Life and Guilford Churches, respectively. He is married to Sandra and they have two sons, Onyango Emmanuel (9), Ochaya Nathan (6), and a daughter, Amito Naomi (3) years old.
19 – The BOD also placed a call to Pastor Neil Peralta to be the pastor of the Hazelton and Smithers Churches and Lakes District Company. Neil is currently serving as the Chaplain for Deer Lake School and the Youth pastor of the Burnaby Filipino Church. Neil has worked for 9 consecutive years as the Assistant Director for the BC Conference Summer Camp.
We welcome Charles and Neil in our pastoral team of the BC Conference. Please remember them in your prayers.
After the unforgettable spiritual experience of our 2014 Living in His Presence Camp Meeting, we can certainly say that we are blessed to belong to God’s family and that His Presence saves, redeems, transforms, shapes, and sanctifies us daily. Thank you for your diligent & committed work. Together, the Lord used all of us to make a difference in the lives of our constituent members, by His grace. Thank you!
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time