Dave was born and raised in Vancouver, BC. Married to Judy, they have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. As a boy, Dave enjoyed singing with his sisters and parents, accompanied by his dad playing the accordion. When Dave got his first guitar for $12, he thought he was in seventh-heaven. Dave has always enjoyed four-part harmony and when the opportunity presented itself to form a quartet, it was like a dream come true! The Quartet has recently toured in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. This was another dream come true for Dave and Lloyd, as their relatives always wanted them to come out their way so they could hear the group sing.
With encouragement from Chosen Vessel's former tenor, Linda Prichard, Deb began singing with the group in 2011. Her greatest and most satisfying accomplishment has been that of raising her family. She enjoys a fulfilling career working with seniors in the eldercare industry. Singing gospel and sacred music has been a rewarding and vital part of her life since she was a child. Deb knows from personal experience, the immediate and powerful life-changing impact of inspirational music; “ it scales the highest walls and finds its way into the deepest crevices of her life to bring healing and light.” That is her prayer for the audience every time she performs.
Lloyd has been a member of the Chosen Vessel since it's inception. Even though he's always enjoyed Southern Gospel music, he didn't think he would ever become involved with a quartet. He's been surprised, amazed, and humbled by the commitment and dedication that it takes, and that he's been able to give, to help make this ministry successful. Even though not in fortune or fame, but in reaching souls for Jesus Christ. Married with two grown sons, Lloyd wants to thank his wife Betty for supporting the quartet’s outreach; travelling with the group to concerts and on tours. He lives a busy life and he prays that his little contribution will hasten the day of Jesus' return.
A transplant from Winnipeg, Brian often sings lead in the group. His interest in quartet music was sparked while he was still in his teens, singing tenor in numerous 'a cappella' groups and listening to the old hymns translated into four-part harmony. He was invited into the group a number of years ago and has been blessed by Chosen Vessel’s ministry and outreach efforts.
Sometimes referred to as the ‘pastor’ of the group, Brian regularly cites personal experiences that give hope to all and remind us of God’s redeeming Grace.
Michael Dirk, Sunday - July 27
Born in Kelowna, BC, Michael began musical studies at the age of 6 learning piano with Carl Montgomery at the Langley Community Music School.
He continued studies at UBC with organists Dr. Joyce Jones, Ed Norman and Denis Bedard where he received a Bachelor of Music Performance. After graduation, he traveled to Europ to study Caudille-Coll organs in Paris. Also he performed on a number of renowned organs from UK to Germany.
His CD "Organblaster" has been broadcast on CBC Radio 2.
He earned a Masters degree in Organ Performance at University of Rice, Texas, but also studied conducting and voice.
In addition to teaching band with Vancouver School Board, he is an active performer, clinician, adjudicator, conductor and composer/arranger. He performed at the Royal Canadian College of Organists, at Christ Church Cathedral, with the Vancouver Symphony and numerous other venues. His wife Annabelle is also a musician.
Frank McMiller, Monday - July 28
From his earliest years, music has been an intrinsic part of Frank's life. His mother taught him an appreciation and skill for singing harmony which was not lost in his 41 years of service to the SDA church in Canada.
He is known for his years of musical contribution in both male quartet and solo work, and continues singing when possible in his retirement since 2010.
Monday night's mini concert...he's bringing you some of his specials shared at BC Camp Meetings over the last couple decades.
Mission City Quartet, July 29 - Tuesday
All members of the Mission City Quartet are members of the Mission City Seventh-day Adventist Church (Left to Right) Tim Nagy–Current Pastor, Frank McMiller – Retired Pastor, Terrence Davin – Retired Pastor, Johann Kuppers, BSc student, Simon Fraser University.
Dr. Calvin Dyck, July 31 - Thursday
At the age of five, Calvin Dyck was introduced to the accordion, and soon discovered his love for performing and bringing enjoyment to others. In spite of a college aptitude test recommending a career as a tug boat captain, Calvin completed a music degree at Biola University, and went on to complete a Masters and Doctorate in violin performance at the University of Southern California.
Calvin has been concertmaster for the Vancouver Island Symphony since 2000. He also directs the Abbotsford Youth Orchestra and this summer they toured all 10 provinces in Canada along with the British Columbia Boys Choir. Calvin has played in over 15 countries, and is in demand as a producer, teacher, conductor and adjudicator.
Calvin has made four recordings to benefit Communitas, a BC charity which provides care and services to people living with disabilities. He is also on the board of the Bakerview Academy of Music, which has established an El Sistema style free music program for economically challenged youth.
Ladies Trio, August 1 - Friday
Melanie Greaves, Lorelei Erho, and Heather Lynch have been singing together in various groups for over 20 years. They love God and are passionate about sharing Him through their music and in their personal lives.
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time