1. On that day the BC Conference also met for the annual Financial Statistical Review (FSR). The SDACC was represented by its new treasurer,Joyce Jones, who replaced John Ramsey when he retired at the end of April.
Details were given regarding the financial condition of the Conference which experienced a 2.42% tithe growth in 2013 when compared with 2012 and a small membership growth, despite the fact that the Conference lost 114 members as a result of some Churches doing an update in their membership list. In 2013 we had 254 baptisms and Profession of Faith, 16.45% less than in 2012.
Last year was not the best year in baptisms for the SDACC. Only 2 (two) out of the 7 (seven) Canadian Conferences experienced a % growth in this area. Nevertheless, we praise God for each of those souls, but we need to make an effort to reverse this situation in 2014, by God's grace.
Also, all audited financial statements were approved by the BOD along with a salary base rate increase of 1.2% effective in September 2014. We praise God for the faithfulness of His children in the BC Conference!
2. Wayne Culmore and Ern Brake, BC Conference President and Assistant to the President for REACH BC & Yukon, respectively, presented with passion the document containing the vision statements and strategic plan of REACH BC & Yukon to the BOD.
It was officially voted by the BOD and it will be widely distributed to all BC Conference employees and institutions as we move forward to accomplish what the Lord has commissioned us to do in the BC Conference territory.
This strategic planning is a result of the Visioning Weekend at Camp Hope earlier this year and the inputs received from the various Regional Ministeriums, churches, schools, members & committees who worked & prayed together in preparing the strategic vision for the BC Conference. Exciting times ahead!
3. Michael Wixwat, BC Conference Treasurer, reported an adjusted 3.21% gain in tithes for the first four months of 2014 when compared to the same period in 2013.
4. Wesley Torres, BC Conference Executive Secretary, reported a small decline in baptisms and membership during the first quarter of 2014 when compared to the same period in 2013. Also, the BC Conference had a larger number of deaths and transfers-out this year than in 2013, so far.
5. The Departmental Reports were voted as a consent agenda since the BOD had had the opportunity to view them on line before the BOD meeting. The will be made available to you, soon.
6. The BOD nominated the 5 (five) required BC Conference delegates for a Special Review & Herald Publishing Association Constituency Meetingthat took place earlier today: Michael Wixwat, Wesley Torres, Dan Wells, Charles Aguilar and Stan Smith.
They participated in the meeting by teleconference this morning. The decisions made during the meeting were connected to the re-structuring of the Publishing Ministry in North America.
The Pacific Press Publishing Association will become a North American Division(NAD) institution responsible for the printing & publication of books & magazines, etc, in a larger scale and it will have a new constituency.
The Review and Herald Publishing Association will close down but its name will be preserved for possible & future editorial publications. We solicit your prayers for the re-structuring of the Publishing Ministry in the NADterritory and also for the people who are / will be involved & affected in this whole process.
7. The BOD approved the 2014 Capital Budget for improvements in the Camp Hope Lodge.
8. The BOD voted to extend an official appreciation to Michael Dunbar and Ryo Fusamae, Fountainview Academy President and Sound Engineer, respectively, for their logistical and technological support with the sound system during our 2013 Camp Meeting (CM). They will continue to provide us with the same support for the 2014 BC Conference CM.
9. The BOD voted to continue the negotiations with the group interested in purchasing the McCallum office property and the construction of a new office facility.
10. The BOD approved the ABC Financial Statement from January to April, 2014, showing an improvement when compared to the same period in 2013.
11. The BOD voted to approve some changes in the Church Planting Guidelines & Application for the BC Conference.
12. The BOD voted to ask Janet Brock to continue as the BC Conference Associate Education Superintendent until her retirement in the summer of 2015, as recommended by the K-12 Board.
13. The BOD accepted the recommendation of the BC Conference Personnel Committee and placed calls to David Rodriguez and Joshua Jamieson.
David will be the pastor of the Salmon Arm and Silver Creek Churches with a strong support from those churches already. He has been successfully serving as an Assistant Pastor of the Aldergrove Church for nearly one year.
Joshua Jamieson will serve as an intern in the BC Conference. The place of his assignment will be determined after the conclusion of his Theological studies at Walla Walla University in December this year. Joshua is very talented in working with the youth and music is one of his gifts & strengths. We welcome our new pastors warmly!
Some Personnel Updates:
a. Nestor Santos officially retired on June 1, 2014. He went back to the Philippines to enjoy his earned retirement close to his family members and especially this son Nestor Jr. who is not doing well health-wise in his home country. We thank Nestor and Rebecca for their 14 years of service and profitable ministry in BC. Please remember Nestor Santos Jr. in your prayers.
b. George and Jenny Hilton accepted a call and they will be moving to California in July, 2014. We sincerely appreciate the ministry and positive contributions that this couple rendered for the Port Hardy District and our Conference. May God bless them richly in their new assignment in God's Cause.
c. Rita Roberts has ceased her employment with Camp Hope. We will miss the delicious meals that she helped to prepare for all of us as the assistant cook. She worked at Camp Hope for nearly 5 years.
Please let us continue to pray and support each other as we work together for the expansion of God's Kingdom in this beautiful province!
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time