CAMP MEETING FAQ’s
1. Can I bring my pet?
- See Pet Policies for information
- Dogs are limited to 12 kilograms (27 lbs).
- Dog owners must show a proof of certificate of the ‘Canine Good Neighbour’ (or equivalent) program.
- Failure to comply with any part of the Pet Policy will result in the loss of the owner’s campsite for both the current and following years.
- The Pet Policies will be reviewed annually.
2. Are the mosquitoes bad this year? I have an allergy to them!
- Thankfully, the mosquito population is dying out!
- We have been blessed with several mosquito-free years.
- There has been no precipitation since mid-June, with very little in the forecast through the end of Camp Meeting. The river level has dropped steadily and the peak of mosquito season has passed.
- DO bring some repellent as there are always mosquitos present in the twilight hours and near trees.
3. I would like a different site with more services or in another location.
- You may add your name to a Wait List, however space on the list is limited to 10% of available sites with specific services or in a specific area.
4. I have not pre-registered and I heard the campground is already “full” for this event. Can I still come?
- Complete & submit the Registration form on this website. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to help you find a suitable campsite.
- The campground has plenty of space for non-serviced or “dry” camping for RV’s and tents.
- If your RV has a generator, you may use this during daylight hours in between mealtimes.
- There is a Sani-dump on the grounds, free of charge. See map for location in the C-area.
- If services are imperative and you are not able to obtain this at Camp Hope, check area campgrounds for availability.
5. My plans have changed and I won’t be able to attend Camp Meeting this summer.
- You may transfer your pre-paid reservation for this year to next year one time only.
- E-mail email@example.com
- You can transfer your pre-paid reservation in full to next year one time only if done by April 30th.
- If cancelled from May 1 onward there is a 25% cancellation fee. The balance of your payment can be transferred for the same site to next year one time only OR the balance of your payment can be refunded to you. Your site will then be available to the next person on the wait list.
6. I have an RV and am bringing along a tent for my kids or grandkids. Is there space for me to set up the tent next to my RV?
- Most sites @ Camp Hope measure approximately 30’ square.
7. What is the Check-Out time?
- Check-Out is 12:00 Noon on Sunday following the close of Camp Meeting.
- Workers will be busy working on the grounds for camp tear-down.
- NOTE: Check-out for campers is 10:00 a.m. Sunday – August 6, 2017 for campers in Sections C, D and YOUTH HILL
8. Early Check-In and Late Check-Out
- Your travel plans may be such that you will arrive a day early and/or will check out a day or more after Camp Meeting. Early check-in and late check-out is approved by registration staff on a case-by-case basis. Camp Meeting daily rates apply.
9. Some friends or family are coming for a few days to stay at my site. Where can they park their vehicles?
- All sites are large enough to accommodate at least one vehicle. Any other vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. Please DO NOT PARK in a nearby vacant campsite which may be rented to another guest arriving later in the week.
10. I can’t fit my tent on the same site as my trailer. Can I pitch my tent in the space at the end of the designated area?
- No! All campers must be on a designated campsite. Check with Registration for the nearest available site to pitch an extra tent for other campers in your party.
11. Is there Wi-Fi on the campground?
- There is no Wi-Fi on Camp Hope grounds. If you must access the Internet for business or emergency purposes, work stations and a printer are available at the West Coast School booth in the Resource Tent area, between the hours of 12:00-1:00 pm and 5:00-7:00 pm for a minimal fee.
- Free Wi-Fi is also available at the Blue Moose Café in the town of Hope. If you are a Shaw customer, they provide free Wi-Fi (Shaw Open) to their customers at various locations.
NOTE: All campers, regardless of age, staying on your campsite at any time during the Camp Meeting event, must be named on the Guest Agreement Form. Available on our website OR see Registration.
- BC Camp Meeting 2017 MP3 Files
- Camper Registration
- Directions to Camp Hope
- Main Pavilion Speakers & Schedule
- Meal Prices
- Policies + Forms + Map
- Regional Camp Meetings
- Seminar Presenters & Schedule
- Teens & Youth Speakers
- The Wave Speakers & Schedule
- Video Gallery
- Young Adults Speakers & Schedule