God, of course, responded in a big way.
He gave me a vision.
Have you ever heard how big companies start, like Google, it’s often on a little napkin.
That’s the way this was. God gave me a napkin-outline that every time I considered it, how to get it started, He grew it—the vision has grown enormously. Far bigger than anything I could have come up with on my own.
Let me explain the napkin idea. Proverbs 29:18 says "where there is no vision, the people perish...", a business, a ministry, needs a plan.
The napkin-sized plan is just cutting it down to the very basics. From this napkin plan usually grows a really big plan. Shaklee, Google are both examples of companies that started out with a napkin idea.
In June of last year I was going through a cancer scare. I was seeking God consistently because I was afraid of the diagnosis of cancer. I was seeking His Will and doing deep, solitary prayer, just talking between Him and me, waiting for His guidance.
This one particular night I was doing just that, quietly with my eyes closed, all this information just came at me in answer to my earlier prayers. He unraveled exactly what He wants me to do in this ministry.
The basic principle He showed me was to utilize a premade flashcard system that corresponds with our weekly adult Sabbath School memory verse. People purchase a yearly subscription and just prior to the new quarter starting, they receive the specially-formatted scripture memorization cards pertaining to that quarter.
Each card contains the book/chapter/verse and translation reference. The verses are broken down thought-by-thought which makes it easy to memorize. Each card also contains reference to the title of the Quarterly, the topic of the weekly lesson, and the Sabbath memorization due date.
Currently, due to Copyright issues, we are only utilizing the King James version, however in time, as the ministry grows we will be expanding into other versions.
God has continued to show me how He will grow this ministry.
The vision He has given me enforces the verse Romans 8:28: "...all things work together for good to theme that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose".
With every new aspect He revealed to me, I saw nothing but blessings for His Children: from being able to hire people who need to supplement their income, to expansion plans that go beyond other Bible translations such as a launch in Canada and the States, spreading to Europe, Australia and around the globe, to include different languages.
He has also given me a vision to expand into the electronic world by having scripture memorization cards delivered to smart phones and to also to be inclusive of other denominations by changing the Scripture Memorization Sabbath due date to a Memorization Goal Date, which of course would always be the Sabbath.
God will teach others about the Sabbath through this means.
As the vision expanded, and I realized the potential He was showing me, I took the first step to get the ball rolling by getting written permission from Clifford Goldstein, editor of the Adult SS Quarterly and now we are moving forward with the intention of getting people into the Word of God on a weekly basis instead of relying upon their Church leaders.
Further in reference to Matthew 25:36 God has granted me an understanding of the importance of reaching out to those who are incarcerated by way of an anonymous sponsorship program.
That means that a person can purchase a subscription for a prayerfully chosen inmate who is seeking Christ.
The Chaplains choose which inmates receive the sponsorship. We are currently working with Chaplain Karen Hayde in the Naniamo Correction Facility and working on expanding to other facilities across Canada.
He has also shown me the importance of supporting our evangelism and ministerial students across Canada and the US. So we offer a sponsorship program for them as well.
Another wonderful aspect He showed me was the witnessing opportunities that will come from showing people these cards.
Most of the time we don’t pack our Bibles around with us but, with a scripture memorization card it is easy to pack in our wallet or even out back pocket, and it’s just as easy to do a quick 1-2 minute review throughout the day.
Eventually the people around us will ask us “What are you doing with those cards? “ It’s a perfect opportunity to share with people what God has done in your life (your testimony) and to share the love God has for them, all while the people who are studying the cards are themselves benefitting!
It's Romans 8:28 in play, all the way around. It’s a win-win-win situation.
And if that wasn’t enough, God has revealed a financial plan which would encourage anyone to make this Scripture-Memorization program available to their friends, their Church family, and others while earning an income. I call this the “Rep Program”.
With the recent launch of the website www.scripture-memorization.com and Facebook page www.facebook.com/scripturememorization we are looking forward to the blessings God has in store for all of us through this business ministry.
We are currently taking orders from Canada and the United States and we are asking our brothers and sisters to join with us by ordering their own subscription and sharing this vision with others so we can advance the growth of the Kingdom and hasten His coming!
With blessings in Christ,
Jodie McClure, Elder, Comox Valley Seventh-day Adventist Church
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time