I think we call this SPRING FEVER!!!! I was just thinking about how blessed I am to have the privilege of serving in the British Columbia Conference with such incredible dedicated workers like you . . . . all of you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you are doing to help grow God’s Kingdom in BC & the Yukon! What a blessing to serve with you!
Several of you have sent me emails letting me know that you and your church have been praying for my health. I am doing so much better. I am feeling stronger every day. THANK YOU! God is good; ALL THE TIME!
We have several names that the Search Committee will be reviewing next week for the position Assistant to the President for REACH.
I am hoping a recommendation will come out of that meeting for the BOD to consider at their meeting on April 8.
Please continue to pray that the Lord will reveal His choice to the BOD. I have had the privilege over the past couple of months to share the REACH strategy in three churches and it has been received with much interest and enthusiasm.
Members love the idea of collaboration and sharing of resources – especially the concept of joint initiatives to reach their communities for Jesus.
We are beginning to work on camp meeting assignments.
One decision we have made is to separate out the young adults from the WAVE tent.
The focus of the WAVE tent is going to be alternative worship and the leader is Steve Little.
He will keep the same team he had last year. We are still working on identifying the leader for the young adults.
The young adults will meet in the lodge auditorium. For this year the young adults will only be meeting on the 2nd weekend beginning on Thursday evening. In 2015 the young adults will meet on both weekends.
I will share more on this later in the Spring – speakers and schedule.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD):
Our next Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for April 8 and it will be a conference call.
We voted to reduce the number of face-to-face meetings and in its place have conference calls.
This will save funds that can now be allocated to other areas. We are doing our best to utilize technology in order to have more funds for ministry.
Thank you for having your church pray the last couple of Sabbaths for our teachers and especially for the up-coming Teachers Convention.
As you know our teachers not only teach their discipline but they are molding and shaping characters every day.
Our schools continue to be a mission field where our youth can fall in love with Jesus.
A number of our students come to school broken and the classroom becomes a place of refuge for them . . . . thank you for connecting with our teachers and letting them know how much they are appreciated.
Please, please, please - if exciting events are taking place at your church or school please pass this information on to our Communication Department. They have created a nifty tool to help you write your story. Click on the link here: http://www.bcadventist.com/index.php/writing-partner
Our constituents tell me that they love hearing the stories and find them very encouraging. We need to be singing the praises of the ONE who is blessing our people and you certainly can help with that.
A church that reaches out beyond their walls to do good to people and meet their needs will find itself impacting many lives for Jesus.
Several years ago while going home from work, Giles Tate, from Amarillo, Texas, saw two children playing in a vacant lot.
They were dirty, ragged and hungry looking. He stopped his car and asked where they lived. They pointed to an old abandoned school bus standing near the alley. They told Giles that they lived there with their Dad who was very sick.
Giles went to see what he could do for the children’s father. The bus was in terrible condition.
The windows were broken out and cardboard was substituted. Beds were made of old, decaying seats, newspaper, and weeds. It was a pathetic sight.
The children’s father was too weak to stand up. Thinking him near death, Giles took him to the hospital. There it was determined that the man had tuberculosis. He was put into a hospital room and quarantined. Giles, this servant of Jesus, told the hospital that he would pay for all the man’s medical expenses.
Giles then took the children to his home and continued to visit the man. Since he couldn’t go into the room, he stood outside and talked to him through the window screen. One day the man asked Giles why did he care so much. Giles simply answered, “Because Jesus cares for me!” When the man recovered, and over the next several months, he requested that Giles prepare him for baptism.
I believe that a church full of servants like Giles Tate cannot help but develop a contagious spirit that will draw thousands to Jesus. May God empower us with His Spirit as we collaborate and align our ministries to REACH BC & YUKON with a Christ-centered message of HOPE and WHOLENESS!
blessings, Wayne Culmore, President
Share your thoughts about this article:
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time