When I graduated from High School in 1967 if someone would have told me we would live to see the year 2014 I would have had a difficult time believing him.
Like many others I believed that Jesus would be coming soon.
Sabbath sermons on a regular basis focused on the theme “Lift up the Trumpet, Loud let it Ring, Jesus is Coming Again.”
And yet here I am today President of the British Columbia Conference joyfully living with blessed hope in that same great expectation – the soon coming of Jesus, our Lord and King.
We as a Church have been called to reveal the character of God through deep adherence to the command to love God and to love our neighbors.
We do this through our own personal response to the Gospel of Jesus. It is our honor and privilege as pastors, educators, church leaders, and office workers to serve as a part of a world Church; and, to collectively seek to influence and impact the world with our message of HOPE and WHOLENESS.
My fellow workers, God has placed us where we are for a particular purpose. The fact you serve where you do is not an accident. “God has called us to be salt and light; hope and healing; faith and action; as well as mercy and compassion.”
We are called to proclaim with enthusiasm and great expectation the message of hope of the second coming of Jesus Christ and the reality of the Kingdom of God.
I need to remind myself everyday that Jesus redefined greatness when He took up the basin and the towel. With dusty and dirty feet he modeled at every step love, healing, hope, and wholeness. We must do the same! Our churches and our schools are called to move out – out beyond the walls and into the streets.
Getting our feet dirty with the soil of the community where God has planted us.
Today I am extremely optimistic about the future of the British Columbia Conference. I can hardly wait for the time when those who will be representing the constituents of our Conference will gather together at Camp Hope on January 24-26, 2014 for a Strategic Planning Session.
I am praying as I am typing these words that the Holy Spirit will help me to be able to express to you the importance of PRAYING for this planning session.
The main objective for the Strategic Planning Session is to provide a focus for the Conference Board and Office Staff as to what we need to be doing over the next four years to help our local churches grow God’s Kingdom throughout BC and the Yukon.
We need to reach our communities for Jesus – we have lives to save, souls to win, and we need wisdom as to how we should be carrying out our mission which is – “To REACH British Columbia & the Yukon with a Christ-centered message of HOPE and WHOLENESS.”
A CALL TO PRAYER
SABBATH, JANUARY 11, 2014 AND SABBATH, JANUARY 18, 2014 – PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE FOLLOWING IS SHARED FROM THE PULPIT AND THEN HAVE A SPECIAL PRAYER ON THESE TWO SABBATHS.
The Strategic Planning Session Objective: The main objective for the strategic planning session is to provide mission focused recommendations (based on the needs of our local churches and schools) to the British Columbia Conference Board of Directors
These recommendations will assist the Board of Directors as they vote on a Conference Strategy for the Conference Office Employees to help local churches & schools reach their communities for Jesus over the next four years.
Our Strategy will reflect the following:
A. Our Conference Mission Statement (To REACH British Columbia & the Yukon with a Christ-centered message of Hope and WHOLENESS)
B. REACH Core Values: (Revival &Transformation; Education for Discipleship; Alignment with in the Church; Community Outreach & Evangelism; Healthy Leadership & Management)
C. Input from the local churches – which we have been receiving over the past three months.
It is the prayer of your Conference President that in every church throughout the British Columbia Conference our members will experience a revival that will result in a life-changing transformation that will be demonstrated in a joyful and vibrant relationship with JESUS!
SABBATH, JANUARY, 25, 2014 – PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IN EACH OF YOUR CHURCHES. (DURING THIS TIME THE STRATEGIC PLANNING SESSION WILL BE TAKING PLACE AT CAMP HOPE)
Pastors & Elders, please lead your church in a special prayer time for a Holy Spirit anointing on those who are meeting at Camp Hope that they will be led by the Spirit in their deliberation to determine the strategy for the Conference.
PLEASE, I CAN NOT BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW IMPORTANT TO HAVE EVERYONE OF OUR CHURCHES PRAYING DURING THESE MEETINGS – WE NEED DIVINE WISDOM! WE NEED NEW WINE! WE NEED A HOLY SPIRIT GOD ORDAINED STRATEGY FOR THESE TIMES TO GROW OUR FATHERS KINGDOM.
Also, some of you may want to have people praying in your churches EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR around the clock starting on Friday evening, January 24 at 6pm until Sunday, January 26 at 3pm. Perhaps you could have a signup sheet at church for each hour. Several people may be able take several time slots.
I would recommend during the prayer times that hymns of hope and promise be sung; Scripture promises be claimed; and lots and lots of praying.
This could be done by families or individually (or groups getting together) – could be done in homes or at your local church.
THE TIME HAS COME FOR ALL OF OUR CHURCHES THROUGHOUT OUR CONFERENCE TO COLLABORATE AND IN ONE VOICE CRY OUT TO GOD FOR A CLEAR DIRECTION FOR HIS CHURCH – WE ARE ON THE BORDERS OF THE PROMISED LAND AND SOON WE WILL CROSS OVER INTO OUR HEAVENLY HOME!!! As the songwriter says, “Soon and Very Soon!”
Below is something I would like for you to share before the prayer time on Sabbath January 25, 2014
We are called by God to deliver a special, Christ-centered message for these times. It is a message of HOPE and WHOLENESS!
A Message of Hope:
As constituent members of the British Columbia Conference we have been charged to REACH our territory with a distinctive message.
It is a message modeled in the life of Christ, illustrated by Sanctuary truths, communicated by the prophets throughout the ages and succinctly expressed in the Three Angels’ Message of Revelation 14:6-12. This special message points prophetically to His second coming – a concept that is embroidered in our very name, Seventh-day Adventists!
A Message of Wholeness:
Our distinctive, Christ-centered message not only points to the future – It adds abundant life to the present! Health of body, mind, and spirit invariably lifts humanity up to higher planes of living. Hundreds of scientific studies have confirmed the benefits of our Adventist message of health.
Our ideas of education involve the harmonious development of the whole person-physical, mental, spiritual, and social – extending life on this earth through eternity.
Special request of Principals & Teachers: Please ask your students during the next couple of weeks to be praying for these meetings. Having our young people praying would be amazing and encouraging. In fact, if you are willing have your kids write out their prayers, and if you feel it appropriate, principals bring some of those prayers with you when you come to the planning session.
Thank you everyone! I am claiming the Apostle Paul’s appeal in Romans 12:1,2 (NLT) for each one of us. “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
Living in His Presence and daily praying for divine guidance,
Wayne Culmore, President
- Merrielee Wright's Retirement Luncheon
- REACH Update: December 4, 2014
- SDACC K-12 Board of Education: BC Report
- Haircut for a Cause
- RELAUNCED! Kelowna Silver Tips Pathfinder Club
- Anchored in Hope
- Abundant Life Welcomes Gamiel Gamugamu and Grace Zabala!
- Creston Church: Lifestyle Seminar 2014
- Creston Church Fall Outreach 2014
- Shout to the North
- Young Adult Retention Summit
- What's Your Story?
- BOD Update: October 19, 2014
- Oakridge Welcomes Ellen Schaefers!
- What is the Revolving Fund?
- Ebola Crises: An Appeal
- Stress Management Seminar
- Thanksgiving at the Senior Residence
- YVR Chaplaincy Ministry
- Terrace: Revelation of Hope
- CASA Jr. Flag Football
- MVCC Kitchen Staff and Ladies Retreat Week-end
- Fall Comes to Camp Hope!
- Healthy Choices & Wellness Workshop
- President's Update: October 23, 2014
- Farewell To A Beloved Pastor
- Rutland Welcomes New Members
- Yolanda Fowler's Spiritual Journey
- BOD Update: September 25, 2014
- BLIND CAMP: I Am Always There For You!
- PCS Graduates First Grade 12 Class!
- ADRA: Enhancing One Life at a Time
- New BC Conference Pastors
- 11th Annual Charity Golf Classic A Success!
- Deer Lake School: Helping Communities
- My Legacy
- How Camp Changed Me!
- 2013-2014 Teachers Recognized!
- Kettle Valley Adventurer Club Grand Finale
- ALIGNMENT: Take It To The Streets 2013
- Deer Lake School Campout 2014
- AAJA Update: September 1
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Give-away Sunday in Kelowna
- RUTLAND’S LOSS – ABBOTSFORD’S GAIN
- The HomeTeam 7-day Extreme Home Makeover
- Resting in Jesus: Renee Wood
- Homelessness Action Week 2014
- Praise the Lord for Ashlee!
- Spring Break Vacation Bible School in Rutland
- Welcome to the Family Joel Bannis & Annie Ross!
- 2014 Prayer Weekend With Pavel Goia
- Father-Daughter Banquet
- Walls Go Up!
- SILVER HILLS
- BOD Updates: July 27, 2014
- Family Retreat 2014
- In The News: NOJA
- OSHKOSH! A First-Person Narrative.
- VBS at the Westminster Church
- Camp Hope Prayer Retreat
- 2014 Camp Meeting REACH Magazine
- Ordination 2014
- Is God in Total Control of YOU?
- Living In His Presence Means...
- NO FEAR WHEN LIVING IN HIS PRESENCE
- Living in His Presence Through Difficult Circumstances
- Oakridge Celebrates Multicultural Day
- The WAVE 2014
- Living In His Presence Through the Fires of Affliction
- Camp Meeting 2014 Mini Concert Line-up!
- BOD Updates: June 1, 2014
- Living in His Presence Radiates with Son-Shine
- I Need a Will
- 50% of Canadians Without a Will
- Wills Not Only for the Wealthy
- "I Shall Return"
- Creston Welcomes New Members!
- Healthful Living Program
- PALLET HOUSE BUILD CHALLENGE
- Growing an Adventist School in a Shrinking Market
- Stepping Stones Kindergarten Program!
- CONGRATULATIONS Jim & Stacey!
- BAGS OF LOVE
- Vancouver Island Camp Meeting 2014
- Rodney Michael Boring: 1999-2014
- Resting In Jesus: Bernice Cornette
- Grandmother Gets Extreme Homemakeover
- Kelowna Camp Meeting 2014
- High Penticton Sabbath
- Turning Green. Again.
- Renovation Rumours...Addressed
- Volunteers - Cleaning up our Act!
- Getting Wired
- Ted Andrews 1916-2014
- Douglas John Hosking 1942-2014
- Welcome to the Family: Marv Sapeta!
- Please Join Us in Prayer!
- CAMP HOPE UPDATE: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Camp Hope Update: On The Level - B Section
- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Mrs. Evelyn Kaytor!
- REST IN PEACE: PASTOR DOUGLAS HOSKING
- Stan Rogers Celebration of Life
- Deer Lake School Alumni Weekend, May 23 & 24
- Acts of Kindness 2014 (Extreme Home Repair Mini)
- BOD Update: April 8, 2014
- FVAA "Branches Out" at Camp Hope
- Masters of Vege Food
- Dan Koronko's Gift To Camp Hope
- Assistant to the President for REACH
- Camp Meeting 2014 Poster
- New Baptisms at Williams Lake!
- Fort St. John Learning Centre
- Serving Humanity
- CASA: Volleyball Weekend 2014
- Sweet 16 for Jesus!
- Realize Your Full Potential!
- REACH: April 2014 Update
- ‘Sanctuary’ in Langley
- President's Update: April 30
- President's Update: April 8
- Youth Rally: MUD
- I Will Embrace the Cross
- Welcome to the Family Tina Chard!
- CHIP Graduation: November 7, 2013
- Think on These Things
- Comox Scripture Memorization Initiative
- Welcome to the Family Ron Hazard!
- More Precious Than Silver and Gold
- President's Update: March 12
- REACH Strategic Recommendations
- FVAA Update: March 2014
- Adventist Education: Anytime. Anywhere.
- Victoria Welcomes 10 New Members!
- A Night of Gospel Classics
- FERNE ANNA (FELL) REISWIG 1926–2014
- Healthy Vegan Cooking Class
- Important Changes in the SDACC Office
- Camp Meeting Hero: Lorne Brownmiller
- Camp Hope - A Midwinter's Sunny Day
- RDC and CUC Partnership
- End It Now 2014
- Women's Day
- Life Ignition 2.0
- Dr. Arlene Taylor
- Bible Lands Tour 2014
- Elizabeth McMiller Memorial Service
- Camp Meeting 2013 Heroes
- Hats Off To Our Seniors
- Chris Balatti's Baptism
- Pray for Our Teachers
- 2013 Filipino Camp Meeting
- The Laxgalts’ap Revival Service
- All Nations Fifth Year Anniversary!
- Men of Hope 2013
- Revelation of HOPE
- Mission Welcomes Ethany Williams!
- Vancouver Korean's Health Evangelism
- Creston CHIP
- Lillooet Church Cooking Show
- LCS: A Miracle Story
- Spiritual Depot
- Castlegar Initiatives
- The Revelation Today Seminar
- Cranbrook Welcomes New Members!
- FVAA Hosts Community Christmas Party
- Shepherdess Meeting at Camp Hope
- Facebook Inforgraphic
- Spring Creek Christmas Program
- PCS students raise over $1700
- Stop Child Abuse
- Annual Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat
- Mission to Costa Rica
- Emma's Baptism
- German Camp Meeting
- Airing Our Laundry!
- Happy Birthday Myrna!
- Remembering Rae
- Aldergrove Year-end Videio
- REACH Strategy Weekend
- GOD IN THE HANDS OF SINNERS
- Annual Pastors & Principals Meeting
- Esther Linda Wecker
- REACH Update: January 2014
- A Moroccan New Year
- Native Ministry: Winter Update
- Winter Carnival
- BC Conference CORE VALUES: REACH
- A Call to Prayer
- Health Newsletter: January 2014
- Living Life In Recovery
- He Lives Here All The Time