Please find below some recent decisions of the Board of Directors and other important information regarding the advance of God's Cause in the BC Conference:
1. The BC Conference Board of Directors recently voted to extend a call to Pastors Jerry Logan and Kevin Burrell.
Jerry will be the pastor of the Prince George, McBride and Vanderhoof churches. He was born and raised in BC and is presently ministering in Newfoundland and will start his ministry in BC in April 2014.
Kevin has been already installed as the new pastor of the New Life Church (November 30) and Richmond Church (December 07). Kevin graduated from CUC in 2012 and was assisting Pastor Burnett Robinson in the district. The district was vacant as Pastor Robinson accepted a call to serve in New York, USA since September this year.
The BOD also voted to extend a call to Pastor Robert Folkenberg III (will be graduating from Walla Walla University in 2014) to serve as an intern in the BC Conference. The place of his assignment is yet to be determined. Folkenberg has accepted the call and he will start his ministry in the second semester of 2014.
We kindly ask you to pray for them and for the churches they will serve. May God's Spirit rest upon them as they work together with the members to fulfill God's Commission.
2. Michael Wixwat, BC Conference Treasurer, presented the Financial Report for the Conference with a 2.14% adjusted gain (as compared to the same period in 2013) in tithe until October 2013.
We are grateful for the faithfulness of our members and praying for this growth trend to improve even more during the last two months of the year, which are usually the strongest, specially December.
3. Wesley Torres, BC Conference Executive Secretary, reported a decrease in baptisms during the first three quarters of this year. However, the baptismal reports that are coming during this fourth quarter are encouraging. Also, there was a slight decrease in the BC Conference membership as a whole due to a good number of churches being involved in updating their membership books.
4. Our President Wayne Culmore made a passionate presentation about the preliminary (work-in- progress document) REACH BC & Yukon Strategic Plan. The Board of Directors, Pastors, School Principals, K-12 Board and Conference Office staff will meet at Camp Hope, BC, for Visioning & Strategic Planning Session from January 24-26, 2014 to design the BC Conference Vision & Strategic Plan for the 2013-2017 quadrennial.
Every church in the BC Conference has been invited to offer ideas and suggestions through their Pastors & Church Boards before the January meeting takes place.
5. The Board of Directors voted favorably of the Rock Creek Church Plant, a project of the Osoyoos Church. A number of new members have moved to that area and they are a vibrant group of people who want to make a difference for Jesus in that community.
Pastor Oscar Halvorson started the ground work with the Rock Creek members & Osoyoos Church and now, Pastor Michael McPherson and everyone involved is excited about establishing an Adventist presence in that un-entered area.
6. The Board of Directors voted positively for the Cranbrook & Creston Churches Mission Trip to Costa Rica from January 31 to February 12, 2014 to rebuild a house to accommodate a disabled child and to hold a series of evangelistic meetings.
They have already hired a local Bible Worker who is preparing the ground for the meetings and will continue to work with the community after the return of our Canadian members.
7. The Board of Directors supported the recommendation of the ABC Committee regarding the new ABC Store business hours. From January 2014, the store will open at 10:00 am instead of 9:00 am. Also, Dan Wells is recovering well, and we thank you all for your prayers for him.
8. It was voted to adjust the frequency of the Board of Directors meetings for 2014. Now there will be 7 (seven) meetings instead of 6 (six) -- 4 (four) Sit-Down Meetings and 3 (three) Regular Teleconferences spread over the calendar year.
We give thanks to our kind and gracious Father in Heaven for your prayers and support to His Cause in BC. We pray for many blessings upon each of you & your families during this festive season and throughout the New Year. We are one more year closer to Jesus. Let us join John as he exclaims: "Come, Lord Jesus." Rev. 22:20.
Yours in His Service,
Wesley Torres, VP for Administration/Executive Secretary
- New Year Challenge
- BOD Update: December 15, 2015
- Wayne's Christmas Message
- Westminster Church Welcomes Ivan Zhang!
- Avalon's Food Drive
- THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- FVAA Winter Banquet 2013
- Mission S2
- From Heaven With Love
- Treasury Dashboard: October 2013
- New Year Celebration Invite!
- Ice Skating in Aldergrove
- Alexandra Parodi's Baptism
- OKAA Update: December 2013
- Native Ministry Update: November 2013
- The Journey: Trailer
- ADRA: Typhoon Haiyan Slideshow
- President's Update: December 2013
- Christmas Blessing
- Fishermen & Friends Reunion
- OKAA Update
- The Shortness of Time
- Winfield Christmas
- Rutland Christmas
- PCS Christmas
- 'Tis The Night
- A Maple Ridge Christmas
- The Gift God Gave
- Comox Christmas Caroling
- Why Adventist Education?
- STORYLINE: Youth Retreat
- Oakridge Celebrate's BJ's Baptism
- Creston Celebrates New Baptism!
- An Old Fashioned Christmas
- Hollowed Manger Ground
- Pallet House Challenge
- I've Been Changed
- Christmas in Jolly Old England
- FVAA at Heat Game
- Strings of Compassion
- The Journey
- Native Ministry Update: October 2013
- PROJECT Rebuild!
- REACH BC + Yukon
- Struggling to QUIT?
- UPDATE: Dan Wells - Accident
- Aldergrove Welcomes New Members!
- Christmas Benefit Banquet for ADRA
- Health Ministry: November 2013 Newsletter
- ADRA Canada Update 1
- Relief for Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Home Team 2013: Black Family
- Shuswap International Supper 2013
- Congratulations to: Zoran & Lynne!
- VBS at Abundant Life
- Health, Hope and Healing
- Fellowship at Son Valley!
- Fountainview Academy Orchestra & Singers
- 1st Northern BC Pathfinder Camporee
- Divine Appointment?
- Pastor Appreciation at Rutland
- Opposite Teams: Same Goal
- Pastor Doug Hosking
- Revelation of Hope
- Prayer & Faith
- Hope For A Better World
- Dan Wells: Update 1
- ISLAND PASTORS RETREAT 2013
- Revelation Prophesy
- Hollywood & Jesus
- VOAR Sharathon 2013
- Amazing Prophecies
- Retain & Reclaim Our Youth
- Peace Christian School
- Missing Members: Prince George
- Care Group & Discipleship 101
- Surrey Beavers Induction
- Stuart's Baptism
- BOD Update: SEPTEMBER 22, 2013
- HEALTHSHARE EVANGELISM CONFERENCE
- Rutland VBS
- Sabbath Love!
- Acts Of Kindness in Salmon Arm
- Stepping into Manhood
- Ken Fleming
- Ministry Care Line
- A REACH APPEAL