On that joyous night the angels heralded the glorious good news of Christmas. The King was born. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of [His] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isa. 9:6-7)
But the story of the purpose and power of the gospel does not begin or end here. From the beginning it was the plan and purpose of God to offer the Messiah King as the gift of salvation to all the peoples of His planet earth. He was to be, "’A light for revelation to the Gentiles’ A ’Sun’ to rise upon people ’living in darkness and in the shadow of death’ A bringer of salvation . . . prepared in the sight of all people.’ All the pointers were unmistakable: Jesus was destined to be not merely a man for all seasons as the Jewish Messiah, but also a man for all peoples - the Light of even the Gentile world!”
All this is a mystery that defies rational explanation and is just infinitely too much for the finite mind of man to fully comprehend. This old poem beautifully expresses our Christian conviction about the powerful foundation for our faith that was laid on that first Christmas long ago:
"In a lowly manger sleeping, Calm and still a babe we see,
’Tis the Holy Child of promise, Light of all the world is He.
Holy angels sing His welcome, In the realms of glory bright,
While the morning stars around Him, Fall in soft and tender light,
Blessed Saviour, dear Redeemer, King of Judah, Prince of Peace,
Rock of Ages, Star of Nations, Thy dominion ne’er shall cease.!"
Obviously, the joyous and earth shattering good news of God becoming man in order to redeem man and reconcile him again to His Creator, was the happiest message man could ever hear. There could be no mistake about the matter when the angels proclaimed the possibility of peace upon the earth because God’s good will toward man had become a concrete reality in the incarnate Word. The angel clearly confirmed this good news to Joseph as well, "They shall call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.." (Matt. 1:21)
The message of salvation through Christ remains the best news of all time and eternity! Otherwise why did He come to earth to be born in a stinking stable and die on a cruel cross? Or why are we here? What glad tidings we have today! This news of a real peace that goes beyond our understanding and a joy unspeakable and full of glory is the message we have to offer to a dark, dying and sinful world today. Let us not be ashamed to speak the real message of Christmas plainly and boldly to those around us during this season!
- New Year Challenge
- BOD Update: December 15, 2015
- Wayne's Christmas Message
- Westminster Church Welcomes Ivan Zhang!
- Avalon's Food Drive
- THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- FVAA Winter Banquet 2013
- Mission S2
- From Heaven With Love
- Treasury Dashboard: October 2013
- New Year Celebration Invite!
- Ice Skating in Aldergrove
- Alexandra Parodi's Baptism
- OKAA Update: December 2013
- Native Ministry Update: November 2013
- The Journey: Trailer
- ADRA: Typhoon Haiyan Slideshow
- President's Update: December 2013
- Christmas Blessing
- Fishermen & Friends Reunion
- OKAA Update
- The Shortness of Time
- Winfield Christmas
- Rutland Christmas
- PCS Christmas
- 'Tis The Night
- A Maple Ridge Christmas
- The Gift God Gave
- Comox Christmas Caroling
- Why Adventist Education?
- STORYLINE: Youth Retreat
- Oakridge Celebrate's BJ's Baptism
- Creston Celebrates New Baptism!
- An Old Fashioned Christmas
- Hollowed Manger Ground
- Pallet House Challenge
- I've Been Changed
- Christmas in Jolly Old England
- FVAA at Heat Game
- Strings of Compassion
- The Journey
- Native Ministry Update: October 2013
- PROJECT Rebuild!
- REACH BC + Yukon
- Struggling to QUIT?
- UPDATE: Dan Wells - Accident
- Aldergrove Welcomes New Members!
- Christmas Benefit Banquet for ADRA
- Health Ministry: November 2013 Newsletter
- ADRA Canada Update 1
- Relief for Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Home Team 2013: Black Family
- Shuswap International Supper 2013
- Congratulations to: Zoran & Lynne!
- VBS at Abundant Life
- Health, Hope and Healing
- Fellowship at Son Valley!
- Fountainview Academy Orchestra & Singers
- 1st Northern BC Pathfinder Camporee
- Divine Appointment?
- Pastor Appreciation at Rutland
- Opposite Teams: Same Goal
- Pastor Doug Hosking
- Revelation of Hope
- Prayer & Faith
- Hope For A Better World
- Dan Wells: Update 1
- ISLAND PASTORS RETREAT 2013
- Revelation Prophesy
- Hollywood & Jesus
- VOAR Sharathon 2013
- Amazing Prophecies
- Retain & Reclaim Our Youth
- Peace Christian School
- Missing Members: Prince George
- Care Group & Discipleship 101
- Surrey Beavers Induction
- Stuart's Baptism
- BOD Update: SEPTEMBER 22, 2013
- HEALTHSHARE EVANGELISM CONFERENCE
- Rutland VBS
- Sabbath Love!
- Acts Of Kindness in Salmon Arm
- Stepping into Manhood
- Ken Fleming
- Ministry Care Line
- A REACH APPEAL