By God's grace we were able to serve about 4,000 people during our trip. We also visited the International Child Care (Philippines) orphanage & our brethren in Boracay SDA Church. These community friends are non-Adventists and it was a great blessing for us to be given that privilege. We are happy to introduce to them Jesus through family counseling and prayer support. We distributed Bibles, Steps to Christ and other Adventist magazines.
We also had medical consultations and surgical referrals supported by our SDA institutions, the Adventist University of the Philippines Clinic and Manila Adventist Medical Center. We also gave away gift bags, school supplies and accessories such as camera, electronic keyboard and computer gadgets, first aid medicine, vitamin supplements, toiletries, stuffed toys, clothing, dry goods and rice products. We're happy to help the participating schools with their school projects like dorm mattresses, building new washrooms and renovating their science lab rooms.
Our team was composed of the following families: Joel & Lucille Batulayan family; Pastor Abel & Beth Cordero family; Alex & Net Dancel family; Dr. Al & Joy Imperio family; Roger & Ruby Magsalin family; Richard & Amy Ongyiu family; Linson & Ching Pedernal family; Dennis & Melanie Penson family; Larry & Loveza Tarango family; Ric & daughter Liselle Wong family; Starlita Buenviaje family; other youth who joined our team were Jennel Arimado, Sarah Bacabac, Erica Cabangon & Apryl Facun.
It was a journey we'll not forget, our lives doubly blessed and touched by miracles in many different ways. None of us got seriously ill and we enjoyed the variety tastes of the tropical fruits and local delicacies. We have seen lots of changes back there in the Philippines yet we have experienced and felt the guidance of the only One God, the One who has blessed us all. Our motivating Bible verse that kept us inspired is in Galatians 6:9 "And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up." (Children's Living Bible).
It is our wish that our mission trip will encourage our youth to emulate our Lord's ministry on earth and would consider sharing and giving as expressions of our highest forms of worship to God who is the Ultimate Giver.
By Ching Pedernal, Pathfinder Director
- New Year Challenge
- BOD Update: December 15, 2015
- Wayne's Christmas Message
- Westminster Church Welcomes Ivan Zhang!
- Avalon's Food Drive
- THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- FVAA Winter Banquet 2013
- Mission S2
- From Heaven With Love
- Treasury Dashboard: October 2013
- New Year Celebration Invite!
- Ice Skating in Aldergrove
- Alexandra Parodi's Baptism
- OKAA Update: December 2013
- Native Ministry Update: November 2013
- The Journey: Trailer
- ADRA: Typhoon Haiyan Slideshow
- President's Update: December 2013
- Christmas Blessing
- Fishermen & Friends Reunion
- OKAA Update
- The Shortness of Time
- Winfield Christmas
- Rutland Christmas
- PCS Christmas
- 'Tis The Night
- A Maple Ridge Christmas
- The Gift God Gave
- Comox Christmas Caroling
- Why Adventist Education?
- STORYLINE: Youth Retreat
- Oakridge Celebrate's BJ's Baptism
- Creston Celebrates New Baptism!
- An Old Fashioned Christmas
- Hollowed Manger Ground
- Pallet House Challenge
- I've Been Changed
- Christmas in Jolly Old England
- FVAA at Heat Game
- Strings of Compassion
- The Journey
- Native Ministry Update: October 2013
- PROJECT Rebuild!
- REACH BC + Yukon
- Struggling to QUIT?
- UPDATE: Dan Wells - Accident
- Aldergrove Welcomes New Members!
- Christmas Benefit Banquet for ADRA
- Health Ministry: November 2013 Newsletter
- ADRA Canada Update 1
- Relief for Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Home Team 2013: Black Family
- Shuswap International Supper 2013
- Congratulations to: Zoran & Lynne!
- VBS at Abundant Life
- Health, Hope and Healing
- Fellowship at Son Valley!
- Fountainview Academy Orchestra & Singers
- 1st Northern BC Pathfinder Camporee
- Divine Appointment?
- Pastor Appreciation at Rutland
- Opposite Teams: Same Goal
- Pastor Doug Hosking
- Revelation of Hope
- Prayer & Faith
- Hope For A Better World
- Dan Wells: Update 1
- ISLAND PASTORS RETREAT 2013
- Revelation Prophesy
- Hollywood & Jesus
- VOAR Sharathon 2013
- Amazing Prophecies
- Retain & Reclaim Our Youth
- Peace Christian School
- Missing Members: Prince George
- Care Group & Discipleship 101
- Surrey Beavers Induction
- Stuart's Baptism
- BOD Update: SEPTEMBER 22, 2013
- HEALTHSHARE EVANGELISM CONFERENCE
- Rutland VBS
- Sabbath Love!
- Acts Of Kindness in Salmon Arm
- Stepping into Manhood
- Ken Fleming
- Ministry Care Line
- A REACH APPEAL