It’s a time specifically set aside to honor and pay tribute to the pastoral teams who so ably lead their congregations through the valleys of discouragement and despair as well as the mountaintop experiences of life.
We sometimes think that pastors are immune to the criticisms and complaints that assail them from time to time, but just like us, they need the affirmation that a word in due season brings. Pastor Appreciation Month gives us a gentle reminder to offer encouragement and words of appreciation to those who are very much involved in our spiritual welfare.
We in the Rutland Church in Kelowna, greatly enjoy the ministry of our two pastoral couples, Brian Hawes, senior pastor, and his wife Karen, and Cameron Koronko, associate pastor, and his wife Myrne.
Our church family feels very fortunate to be spiritually led by these men and their very capable wives.
Besides ministering to our needs each Sabbath, they are involved in many other activities during the week, both inside and outside the church. Even Okanagan Adventist Academy students enjoy the weekly visits from one of our pastors.
On Sabbath, October 19, the Rutland Church took the opportunity to recognize the talents and abilities of these pastoral couples during the Worship Service.
A special tribute by church secretary, Donalda Rowse, was given and then beautiful bouquets of roses were presented to the pastors and their wives.
In addition to that, notes of appreciation by Rutland Church members had been written during the previous week and on Sabbath were placed into baskets in the church foyer and then presented to each of the couples along with the floral bouquets during the Worship Service.
We hope that our gestures of gratitude were well received and indicated to them the high regard and respect with which we hold them. Have YOU told your pastor(s) what they mean to you? If not, there’s still time during the month of October (or at ANY time) to do so.
Donna Rose, Communication Director, Rutland Seventh-day Adventist Church
- New Year Challenge
- BOD Update: December 15, 2015
- Wayne's Christmas Message
- Westminster Church Welcomes Ivan Zhang!
- Avalon's Food Drive
- THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE GOSPEL
- FVAA Winter Banquet 2013
- Mission S2
- From Heaven With Love
- Treasury Dashboard: October 2013
- New Year Celebration Invite!
- Ice Skating in Aldergrove
- Alexandra Parodi's Baptism
- OKAA Update: December 2013
- Native Ministry Update: November 2013
- The Journey: Trailer
- ADRA: Typhoon Haiyan Slideshow
- President's Update: December 2013
- Christmas Blessing
- Fishermen & Friends Reunion
- OKAA Update
- The Shortness of Time
- Winfield Christmas
- Rutland Christmas
- PCS Christmas
- 'Tis The Night
- A Maple Ridge Christmas
- The Gift God Gave
- Comox Christmas Caroling
- Why Adventist Education?
- STORYLINE: Youth Retreat
- Oakridge Celebrate's BJ's Baptism
- Creston Celebrates New Baptism!
- An Old Fashioned Christmas
- Hollowed Manger Ground
- Pallet House Challenge
- I've Been Changed
- Christmas in Jolly Old England
- FVAA at Heat Game
- Strings of Compassion
- The Journey
- Native Ministry Update: October 2013
- PROJECT Rebuild!
- REACH BC + Yukon
- Struggling to QUIT?
- UPDATE: Dan Wells - Accident
- Aldergrove Welcomes New Members!
- Christmas Benefit Banquet for ADRA
- Health Ministry: November 2013 Newsletter
- ADRA Canada Update 1
- Relief for Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Home Team 2013: Black Family
- Shuswap International Supper 2013
- Congratulations to: Zoran & Lynne!
- VBS at Abundant Life
- Health, Hope and Healing
- Fellowship at Son Valley!
- Fountainview Academy Orchestra & Singers
- 1st Northern BC Pathfinder Camporee
- Divine Appointment?
- Pastor Appreciation at Rutland
- Opposite Teams: Same Goal
- Pastor Doug Hosking
- Revelation of Hope
- Prayer & Faith
- Hope For A Better World
- Dan Wells: Update 1
- ISLAND PASTORS RETREAT 2013
- Revelation Prophesy
- Hollywood & Jesus
- VOAR Sharathon 2013
- Amazing Prophecies
- Retain & Reclaim Our Youth
- Peace Christian School
- Missing Members: Prince George
- Care Group & Discipleship 101
- Surrey Beavers Induction
- Stuart's Baptism
- BOD Update: SEPTEMBER 22, 2013
- HEALTHSHARE EVANGELISM CONFERENCE
- Rutland VBS
- Sabbath Love!
- Acts Of Kindness in Salmon Arm
- Stepping into Manhood
- Ken Fleming
- Ministry Care Line
- A REACH APPEAL